Where is everybody?

Brand new truck and this forum is dead.

Does everyone...

...not have it?
    ...not want it?
    ...somewhere else?
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    I think a lot of places are still awaiting stock, so its not readily in everyone's hands yet.
    Personally, I'm still on the fence about whether to buy it or not. I have a X-Maxx and not sure I would want two of the same truck. I do find it a chore transporting the X-Maxx to places so I can run, so if I sold the X-Maxx I'd replace it with the Maxx. If I end up keeping the X-Maxx then I would skip on the Maxx.
    That and I still have another month or so to think about it considering its not available in the UK until next month!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    I think a lot of places are still awaiting stock, so its not readily in everyone's hands yet.
    Personally, I'm still on the fence about whether to buy it or not. I have a X-Maxx and not sure I would want two of the same truck. I do find it a chore transporting the X-Maxx to places so I can run, so if I sold the X-Maxx I'd replace it with the Maxx. If I end up keeping the X-Maxx then I would skip on the Maxx.
    That and I still have another month or so to think about it considering its not available in the UK until next month!!!!
    I actually sold my green Xmaxx weeks ago, and instantly regretted it. Once I found out a orange Xmaxx was at my LHS, I went that day to get it. I do have a Erevo 2.0 as well, so all my truck bases are covered. The problem I have with this new Maxx truck is actually the price. Its only a little less than an Erevo 2.0, but has no metal drive shafts, and only 4s capable. IMHO if it were $100 cheaper, I would give one a go, but as it stands I'm going to pass on this for now.

Have it...have yet to run it! Waiting for a day off!

Here it is, wedged in between the Rusty and the Evil-O!

Last edited by USMC1984; 10-15-2019 at 05:44 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Have it...have yet to run it! Waiting for a day off!

Here it is, wedged in between the Rusty and the Evil-O!

Sweet!
    How do you decide which to run on a given day?? Or do you take the lot?!

Sweet!
    How do you decide which to run on a given day?? Or do you take the lot?!
    I don't think I could take the lot! I just pick whichever I feel like taking...usually 2 or 3 of them at a time. It also depends on where I'm going...the terrain etc..

Each car/truck is somewhat unique but there's overlap too.
    If I feel like playing in the dirt, I'll take the X-Maxx, Evil-O, Summit and mini-Summit...if I want to burn some fairly flat dirt, I'll take the UDR and maybe the Mini-Revo...I haven't tried crawling so neither TRX has seen a battery yet. The Rusty fits in just about anywhere except crawling. It's pretty much always included wherever I'm going. I think the Maxx might be the same way.

RC Enthusiast
    Was gonna run mine today but its pouring outside
    X-Maxx 8s / Maxx 4s / Rust 4x4 / TRX-4 Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    Was gonna run mine today but its pouring outside
    At least it wasn't pouring inside!

Have you run your Maxx yet?

I have to wait until Thursday to run mine!

How much is it going to be in the UK? I was considering an X-Maxx but there isn't a lot of places nearby I can actually run it. I find the Maxx the perfect size.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbimaster View Post
    I actually sold my green Xmaxx weeks ago, and instantly regretted it. Once I found out a orange Xmaxx was at my LHS, I went that day to get it. I do have a Erevo 2.0 as well, so all my truck bases are covered. The problem I have with this new Maxx truck is actually the price. Its only a little less than an Erevo 2.0, but has no metal drive shafts, and only 4s capable. IMHO if it were $100 cheaper, I would give one a go, but as it stands I'm going to pass on this for now.
    I was at my LHS a few days ago deciding between a pre-order Maxx, or picking up an E-Revo VXL that day. Ended up with the Revo since the price was comparable, and I could get it that day.

RC Qualifier
    Iím waiting for it to get in stock online, and also for the ebay chop shops to get their hands on it so I can try out the motor and esc on my proline mt4x4

I was looking at between the Maxx and e revo, but decided to wait for the Maxx since I just finished building an mt410 with with the m2c et48.3 wide chassis and e revo would have been a bit redundant as a 2nd big car.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    How much is it going to be in the UK? I was considering an X-Maxx but there isn't a lot of places nearby I can actually run it. I find the Maxx the perfect size.
    £569 for just the truck.

The Traxxas 4s 500mAh battery is an additional £80.......

Thats kinda steep for a truck of this size I think......

£569 for just the truck.

The Traxxas 4s 500mAh battery is an additional £80.......

Thats kinda steep for a truck of this size I think......
    At least it only takes one battery...the Revo requires two.

I'm thinking I may favor the one big steering servo in the Maxx versus the two smaller servos in the Revo. If I do, I may have to switch the Revo to a single the next time the servos go out.

If I had to choose between the two, I can't really say which I'd choose since I haven't run the Maxx yet. I suspect it might be the Maxx though.

My problem is I love them all!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I’m waiting for it to get in stock online, and also for the ebay chop shops to get their hands on it so I can try out the motor and esc on my proline mt4x4

I was looking at between the Maxx and e revo, but decided to wait for the Maxx since I just finished building an mt410 with with the m2c et48.3 wide chassis and e revo would have been a bit redundant as a 2nd big car.
    Not sure if the ESC would fit in a MT410, it's frickin' HUGE!

RC Qualifier
    The m2c wide chassis was created just for that reason.

I am going to see if the vxl-4s fits the proline since the vxl-6s is juuuuust a bit too wide.

I have that m2c chassis, you could fit a max 6 on that thing if you wanted, but yes standard mt410 chassis, not much room for anything. Is it bigger than like a mamba monster x or a Tekin RX8?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 10-15-2019 at 06:14 PM.

RC poster
    Well I have a Maxx and it's awesome. I picked up mine last Friday and ran it 10 times already and it's as durable as the Xmaxx. I'm not easy on my trucks and the Maxx is taking a beaten. Definitely a truck to get.

I would show some pictures but can't figure out how to upload them on the forum.

Welcome! There's a lot of little things I don't like about the truck, but overall I think it's pretty solid.

RC Competitor
    I'm waiting on paying off my Maxx! It's sitting in my local hobby shop..for the money, I was tempted to wait until I found out the first deliveries had the LED light kits in them! They are charging extra for it, but the kit would cost me money anyway and I do want my hobby store to stay in business.

Problem is, I might like the lights so much that I want them on my TRX-4 bronco...

RC poster
    I have it and absolutely love it it is crazy strong!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 01BMW740iL View Post
    I have it and absolutely love it it is crazy strong!!!!!
    I agree! Its quickly becoming my favorite truck...plus those lights look great!

I like my Evil-O and Summit too but I swear they break every other time out! I only run them on 2&3s and am a mild basher.

RC Competitor

I like my Evil-O and Summit too but I swear they break every other time out! I only run them on 2&3s and am a mild basher.

Same boat here. Have it, love it. Got about 10 runs on my 4 cell smc and have not been easy on it. Not 1 broken part. Both my erevo 2.0 and kraton broke before this beast.

RC Qualifier
    Me to I cart wheeled down the street and nothing broke.but it's weird I look at it with out the body on and say why I buy this.then I put the body on and drive it and realize why I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    Me to I cart wheeled down the street and nothing broke.but it's weird I look at it with out the body on and say why I buy this.then I put the body on and drive it and realize why I did.
    That paint job is gorgeous!
    I cant wait until my days off to get the Maxx in some dirt!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycd1 View Post
    Both my erevo 2.0 and kraton broke before this beast.
    Can't wait to get my MAXX. My new lipos arrived today......
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Can't wait to get my MAXX. My new lipos arrived today......
    What are you going to run in it? I've only put the 2878 battery in it so far and have a hard time NOT doing wheelies with it!

RC Competitor

I'm on the fence between a E-Revo and a Maxx. Never drove either but have an X-Maxx. Both are available to me for nearly the same price.

After having both, which would you chose if you could only pick one?

Quote Originally Posted by DG40 View Post
    I'm on the fence between a E-Revo and a Maxx. Never drove either but have an X-Maxx. Both are available to me for nearly the same price.

After having both, which would you chose if you could only pick one?
    The Maxx!

It might be a tie after I change the E-Revo to one big steering servo though. The duals keep going out!

The Max doesn't have that problem.

Since you have the X-maxx, I'd get the Maxx...reason being is at least for me, in my area, I can run the Maxx where there isn't room for the X-Maxx. The E-Revo needs X-Maxx type of area as well.

The Maxx is a very nice size.

The Maxx shares more batteries with the X-Maxx than the E-Revo does...if you're using Traxxas Batteries, that is.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 10-22-2019 at 08:10 AM.

RC Champion
    What are you going to run in it? I've only put the 2878 battery in it so far and have a hard time NOT doing wheelies with it!
    My lipos are 3S.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Champion
    Just picked mine up!! I'm excited....
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Just picked mine up!! I'm excited....
    Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it!

Let us know...

RC Champion
    It was pouring rain today, so no chance to bash it. But it looks like it will be able to handle abuse!!

Now, I have to get my ERBE put back togethere to sell.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Enthusiast
    "Where is everybody"

I've been running my Maxx!

And despite the negative, out of context comments from those that have never seen the vehicle, let alone OWN it, it is exactly what I wanted and was waiting for. As for now, I don't think I can think of a single critical item to comment on. I've been primarily a racer for nearly thirty years. The Maxx for me, is a chill, before dinner 15-20 minute, get the work frustration out before dinner, basher...

It's not a race heritage truggy...I have an ET48, an MT410 and a 6S Kraton - the Maxx is not that, I didn't want it to be that. Many of you know the cost of upkeep on those drive-lines, bent shock towers, out-drives, CVD's, banana'd chassis plate...the list goes on and on.

The Maxx is designed for maximum fun for minimal time and cost of operation. Beat the snot out of this thing and just giggle. Not a single broken part, nor failure. No aluminum towers to bend, no body posts to break, no bumpers to replace. Charge up a battery, check a few screws and a reasonable once over for anything out of place and then go have fun! When I do break or wear something to the point of replacement, the LHS has Traxxas parts that are so cheap, they are almost free. How much do you spend on a set of 1/10 scale race tires that last two weeks? I can replace most of the high wear parts on this chassis for a few bucks and call it good.

Sure, we'll find little annoyances - it's what humans do best. I did tune the damping a bit. 40wt Losi front and 50wt Losi rear. I found the chassis a bit under dampened - it's $$$ now! Anyone looking for THIS type of vehicle (it's a monster truck dummy), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it fully. Crazy fun to drive while not requiring a lot of time or money to own.

float on...
    Last edited by celt; 10-23-2019 at 07:43 AM.

It was pouring rain today, so no chance to bash it. But it looks like it will be able to handle abuse!!

Now, I have to get my ERBE put back togethere to sell.
    Call me crazy, but when I get a new truck I like to put it through its paces in the harshest of conditions, make sure everything is on the up and up before my 30 day warranty is up. If you dont run in mud that's a tough situation, brand new truck, bad weather, I would of cried lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by celt View Post
    "Where is everybody"

I've been running my Maxx!

And despite the negative, out of context comments from those that have never seen the vehicle, let alone OWN it, it is exactly what I wanted and was waiting for. As for now, I don't think I can think of a single critical item to comment on. I've been primarily a racer for nearly thirty years. The Maxx for me, is a chill, before dinner 15-20 minute, get the work frustration out before dinner, basher...

It's not a race heritage truggy...I have an ET48, an MT410 and a 6S Kraton - the Maxx is not that, I didn't want it to be that. Many of you know the cost of upkeep on those drive-lines, bent shock towers, out-drives, CVD's, banana'd chassis plate...the list goes on and on.

The Maxx is designed for maximum fun for minimal time and cost of operation. Beat the snot out of this thing and just giggle. Not a single broken part, nor failure. No aluminum towers to bend, no body posts to break, no bumpers to replace. Charge up a battery, check a few screws and a reasonable once over for anything out of place and then go have fun! When I do break or wear something to the point of replacement, the LHS has Traxxas parts that are so cheap, they are almost free. How much do you spend on a set of 1/10 scale race tires that last two weeks? I can replace most of the high wear parts on this chassis for a few bucks and call it good.

Sure, we'll find little annoyances - it's what humans do best. I did tune the damping a bit. 40wt Losi front and 50wt Losi rear. I found the chassis a bit under dampened - it's $$$ now! Anyone looking for THIS type of vehicle (it's a monster truck dummy), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it fully. Crazy fun to drive while not requiring a lot of time or money to own.

float on...
    Well said!

It's a beautiful low maintenance fun basher..right up my alley!

RC Qualifier
    Simple, low maintenance basher sounds in line with my wants/ needs. The upfront cost is still little dear, though. Then again I donít think I could build a 4X4 Slash into a monster to that spec at that price point.
    Still. If I could get something durable and low maintence 4wd 1:10 scale basher for closer to $400 than the mid fives Iíd be very happy.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Still. If I could get something durable and low maintence 4wd 1:10 scale basher for closer to $400
    I would like next weekís lottery numbers. Letís see who gets lucky first.

RC Enthusiast
    I completely understand, +$500.00 is real money.

Go look at the chassis in person, a pretty stout rig for the money...

RC Champion
    Even the shocks are stout for the size of the truck
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by celt View Post
    I completely understand, +$500.00 is real money.

Go look at the chassis in person, a pretty stout rig for the money...
    You never know...for those who wait, there could be a price reduction...it's happened before...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast