RC poster

Lightbulb e-Revo Brushless - Motor Mount & Chassis Brace Upgrades.

Hey folks, I hope this helps all you ERBE fans: I had been looking for a solution to stregthen the motor mount on my ERBE (to get rid of the flex that affects pinion to spur gear mesh). Finally found a product from hpp-germany.com I think works great - It is not a new product, but does not appear to be known about much?...

traxxas has their own version too and it is a lot cheaper.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    traxxas has their own version too and it is a lot cheaper.
    Hey NFS, I have seen the Traxxas Rear Brace – 5632, but nothing for the motor - Do you mean chassis brace or motor brace? Any product links or part numbers?

i was talking about the traxxas chassis brace HPP motor brace/support been out there for a while.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    i was talking about the traxxas chassis brace HPP motor brace/support been out there for a while.
    Ah, I understand now - thanks for clarifying. In my video I did say that the HPP motor brace is not new; I made the video about it because it does not appear to be widely know about.

I agree that the Traxxas 5632 chassis brace is cheaper than the HPP chassis brace (2-3 times cheaper), but it is not adjustable. I prefer the look of the HPP part - Horses for courses

RC Racer
    Man so i ordered the motor brace because of this post. At first i thought it was pricey. Then it came and i installed it.
    Man what a nice piece. Awesome design and material. My motor is solid as a rock, thanks for posting this up

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled1 View Post
    Man so i ordered the motor brace because of this post. At first i thought it was pricey. Then it came and i installed it.
    Man what a nice piece. Awesome design and material. My motor is solid as a rock, thanks for posting this up
    Cool, good to hear my video was useful Happy bashing!

RC Competitor
    Ive got both the motor mount and hubs. Amazing products. The wheel hubs are absolutely amazing. They get rid of all the slop that the.stock ones have amd will never loosen up. Expensive parts but worth every penny.

Wow that looks nice I want one. Anyone know if the HPP motor mount would work with the Traxxas chassis brace part #5632. I was hoping it would but does not look like it would work together. Is there any other companies offering motor mounts? This is the only one I have seen.

Anyone know if the HPP version 3 motor brace works on the current brushless revos? The site lists that it is for the 5608 revo, but I don't now enough about the motor to know if the newer revo (56086-4) motor is the same dimensions of the older (5608) one.

I hope it fits... I just ordered it and noticed the 5608 note on the page while looking at it after I got my receipt.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    OK, so I do realize that I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but is anyone aware of a "rear motor mount" similar-ish to the one on the video? HPP-Germany.com no longer has a DNS entry, so I assume that they have gone out of business. I did a little searching, and was not quickly finding anything like this for the current-gen E-Revo (aka E-Revo 2.0, also known as 86086-4 in Traxxas PNs).

I've not had an issue with the motor mount in my new-to-me E-Revo 2.0 yet, but this mount seemed like such a 'nice' solution that I wanted to see if I could get one, or something similar.

Since I'm broaching the topic, I'm curious what ya'll think about this idea in general. Is there a reason for this product? I like the idea of more solidly mounting the motor, but what do folks with more experience think?

Thanks --BillJ

Edit: Fixed a Typo :-)
    Last edited by Single_Trac; 10-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    OK, so I do realize that I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but is anyone aware of a "rear motor mount" similar-ish to the one on the video? HPP-Germany.com no longer has a DNS entry, so I assume that they have gone out of business. I did a little searching, and was not quickly finding anything like this for the current-gen E-Revo (aka E-Revo 2.0, also known as 86086-4 in Traxxas PNs).

I've not had an issue with the motor mount in my new-to-me E-Revo 2.0 yet, but this mount seemed like such a 'nice' solution that I wanted to see if I could get one, or something similar.

Since I'm broaching the topic, I'm curious what ya'll think about this idea in general. Is there a reason for this product? I like the idea of more solidly mounting the motor, but what do folks with more experience think?

Thanks --BillJ

Edit: Fixed a Typo :-)
    I had the HPP one on my v1 pretty much it's entire life. I had a few crashes/lawn dart landings where it popped out of the end cap. I don't know if it help or hurt, but I do know after 3 years, my motor mount plate is still straight and I only broke one spur in 3 years on 4S. That was due to a pebble getting in there and taking a couple teeth out.

I didn't try installing it on the v2 when I got the 2.0 roller and transferred my parts. Figured I'd try without it and see if I had issues. I'm running it faster and jumping it higher/further than I ever did the v1 as now I run 6S in it. So far, so good.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I had the HPP one on my v1 pretty much it's entire life. I had a few crashes/lawn dart landings where it popped out of the end cap. I don't know if it help or hurt, but I do know after 3 years, my motor mount plate is still straight and I only broke one spur in 3 years on 4S. That was due to a pebble getting in there and taking a couple teeth out.

I didn't try installing it on the v2 when I got the 2.0 roller and transferred my parts. Figured I'd try without it and see if I had issues. I'm running it faster and jumping it higher/further than I ever did the v1 as now I run 6S in it. So far, so good.
    Thanks for the info! I've see enough of your videos to know that you are working your Revo a lot harder than I'm intending to (of course intent goes out the window as the vehicle tumbles ;-) ) so I should be able to live without the rear-motor brace. The Motor-Mount Plate on the 2.0 seems much thicker than on the 1.0, so the rear-bracket is likely un-necessary.

Thanks for sharing your experience. --BillJ