Thread: I'm back

RC Competitor

I'm back

Hello everybody ! Been away for a long time but now I'm back. Still have my summit but she needs some TLC. Just wanted to say I haven't forgot anybody and I miss talking shop ! You guy's have a Blessed day !

RC Racer
    Glad to have you back!

RC Competitor
    Glad to be back ! I am so glad that traxxas is not going to discontinue the summit. I heard that they were going to but since I have seen the homepage and new traxxas video of the new summit body colors , I assume that traxxas is going to keep the summit around. I know this , the summit is in a league of it's own as far as 1/8 scale monsters or any scale as far as I know right out of the box RTR. Also I feel that the summit is one of the company's best selling top of the line trucks. My summit still has the old ESC with no lipo cutoff protection in it , LOL ! ! I find that I am very happy with mine running the original electronics as my truck has all the power that I need when I'm out trailing. Just love it ! I hope everybody is doing well and enjoying this wonderful hobby. You guy's take care , peace.

RC Competitor
    Does anybody know where I can get parts for my summit at a fair price? I need a new front diff lock mini servo , stock motor , y-harness for the lights , slipper clutch , bearings for the front and rear hub carriers , stock mounted tires? THX for the help. Peace.

RC Competitor
    I don't live near any hobby shops , by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by davis1979 View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get parts for my summit at a fair price? I need a new front diff lock mini servo , stock motor , y-harness for the lights , slipper clutch , bearings for the front and rear hub carriers , stock mounted tires? THX for the help. Peace.
    Honestly, eBay is your best bet. I find all my rc related parts for good prices, except for tires .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the help also I was thinking about the 1/16 brushed summit. Is it durable and worth having? Can I use regular 1/10th scale batteries or do I have to use 1/16th scale batteries? Also what battery selection choices do I have? Does it run on 2 batteries or can I use 1 battery with a high MAH rating to run the truck? Again THX for the advice on my 1/10th scale summit. Peace.

Thanks for the help also I was thinking about the 1/16 brushed summit. Is it durable and worth having? Can I use regular 1/10th scale batteries or do I have to use 1/16th scale batteries? Also what battery selection choices do I have? Does it run on 2 batteries or can I use 1 battery with a high MAH rating to run the truck? Again THX for the advice on my 1/10th scale summit. Peace.
    You need to use 1/16 scale batteries. Unless you make a custom holder to hold 1/10 scale batteries, not doable. Iíll get you links to the ones I have that fit with trimming the battery doors.

You can run single battery or dual, up to you. If you run dual batteries on stock motor/esc, you have to run them in parallel if using lipos, if youíre using the 1/16 6cell nimh batteries you can run in series.

For 1/10 summit, same rules apply except the stock esc for the 1/10 summit can do 4s with 2x 2s lipo in series. I would go middle ground and get some 3s lipos and run them in parallel for good all around power/torque with longer run times. I donít have the 1/10 summit, but I just converted a mini e revo to a mini summit. Itís loads of fun with brushless power. Plus the led lights are nice for night time crawling

*Here are the links for the 1/16 batteries

These are 3s, you have to run them in parallel on stock vxl3m esc for the mini summit/e revo.

Ovonic 11.1V 1400mAh 3S 50C LiPo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6BNTDV...p_mob_ap_share

These are the 2s lipos I run in parallel, I get over an hour run time so far without hitting low voltage.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273287408262

They have been great so far, no complaints for either battery. Hope this helps!

RC Competitor
    I've always found that the best place for consistently cheap parts are the various RC chop-shops, probably the biggest of which is Dollar Hobbyz. They have been around for years and can totally be trusted.

Some shops support several different brands and some specialize in just one brand.

Here are a couple of others that I have used:

RC Chop Shoppe

LumiDave35
    Sent from one of my transmitters.

Jennysrc or lumidave are cheaper alternatives and they always are getting new parts in. They are my go to places for parts.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Jennysrc or lumidave are cheaper alternatives and they always are getting new parts in. They are my go to places for parts.

Agreed. I forgot about Jennysrc. Good place!
    Sent from one of my transmitters.

Quote Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
    I've always found that the best place for consistently cheap parts are the various RC chop-shops, probably the biggest of which is Dollar Hobbyz.
    I have used them too. But it seems they don't part out Traxxas anymore, they sell retail Traxxas vehicles & parts.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys for the help and info. Once I get my ''big'' summit up and running again I will consider getting the ''smaller'' summit. I plan on running NIMH for the ''mini'' summit. Thx again guys. Peace.

RC Competitor
    Will my original ESC battery connectors work on new traxxas battery connectors? I have had no issues at all running traxxas batteries in my summit. I know that they are a little pricey but I just want everything to connect up properly. I am planning on buying some 5000MAH NIMH for my summit. Thanks again for the help and advice. Peace.

Will my original ESC battery connectors work on new traxxas battery connectors?
    The new Traxxas ID connectors work with the original trx connectors. Both sides (male or female) are interchangeable with each other.

RC Competitor
    Hello everybody! This question may be in the wrong section but this way I can find my answers. What do you guy's think or feel about the Teton little truck? I have had me eye's on one for the past year. I have been watching video's about the truck and it seems to be a good and fun little truck to add to my collection. I just want to know you guy's opinion and any thing or things that I need to know before purchase. Also I see that it comes with a 1200 NIMH battery and I was wondering what or how many amps do I need to set my charger at to safely and completely charge the battery at? I plan on keeping the truck all stock and do some light bashing with the truck. Thanks again for any advice or tips about the Teton and charging the battery safely. Peace.

RC Competitor
    Hello everybody , I have another question about the Teton. How are the driveshafts stock? I plan on getting upgraded aluminum driveshafts for it at a later time. Will the stock driveshafts hold up for just light bashing? Thanks again , Peace.

RC Competitor
    Any help and advice on this , please let me know.

RC poster
    Hello everybody , I have another question about the Teton. How are the driveshafts stock? I plan on getting upgraded aluminum driveshafts for it at a later time. Will the stock driveshafts hold up for just light bashing? Thanks again , Peace.

I have a teton all stock until my son ran into a car tire and broke the control arm had upgraded to rpm looks solid. My teton stock gets more play time for now till I get my summit and merev running . But all and all you cant go wrong with a teton fun little machines I get about 15-20mins of run time on stock 1200mah battery it comes with plus I got a 900mah. I did purchase some rims and tires for it looks beast I'll post it in a little bit

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info. WOW your teton does look like a beast! Peace.