Thread: I did it!

RC poster

Thumbs up I did it!

Hello Slash community,

After 30y of RC inactivity (!!!), I went all in recently and I bought a Slash 4x4 Ultimate. What a beauty, but you already know that. Good memories are coming back!!

When I left this RC world, that was with some decent electric car at that time and even one with a nitro engine and some huge starter box :-)

In addition to this Ultimate version, to top it off, and because that's fun, I also bought a Pro-Line Monster Fusion Clear Body for some custom painting job (Tamiya here) as well as some 2.8" wheels to transform my beauty into a "Slashster".

Before hitting the road, I will protect/reinforce my investment :-) with some drywall tape inside the body and a shroud.

Below, picture with stock wheels and with the clear body, before painting obviously

Welcome to the Traxxas forums and back to the hobby!
    Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Welcome ( back ) to the hobby and the forum.
    A couple of years ago I got back into the hobby after almost the same amount of time off. Even rtr electronics blow away anything we had back in the day.
    Even though I’ve upgraded to Brushless since I started out getting back with a basic 2wd Brushed Slash and even that was leaps and bounds over what my race stuff was like.

Welcome back...you sound almost like me. I left my RC cars behind 35+ years ago, and got back into it less than a year ago. Just be ready for the "bug" to bite hard...in the past 10 months, I've acquired 7 vehicles (mostly kits). Whether you end up with dozens of vehicles, or only one, you're gonna have a blast. (Welcome (back) to "the club".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    My buddy and I were into RC back in the early/mid 90's then life happened and got away from the hobby. His boy turned 9 and got interested in RC. He bought his son a Rustler and then bought a slash for himself. I came over and drove it and ended up buying on a week later.

RC poster
    Thanks all!!
    Since I couldn't wait for my 3S LiPo battery (out of stock at my LHS), I bought a 2S 5,800mAh Lipo, just to do some test drive. I'm glad I could go full throttle without destroying anything, either on the car or elsewhere :-))
    Look forward to posting some pictures of my new baby and also some feedback on my first painting job :-)

RC poster
    Painting job ... WIP for this Slash 4x4 Ultimate, with Pro-Line Monster body and 2.8" Trencher wheels

Missing for now:
    - Matte black
    - Decals

But I'm getting there :-) I will post soon my feedback on my 1st painting job :-)

Looks good so far... keep it up!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Welcome back to the hobby! The tech makes everything so much better now. Lipos, brushless motors, 2.4ghz radios...so much better than the old stuff.

Have fun!

Looks great to me...