Thread: Battery

RC poster

Battery

I want to upgrade my on a slash 4x4, what’s a good battery and what other parts do I have to upgrade if I do

RC Enthusiast
    What are you looking for 2s or 3s?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPotty View Post
    What are you looking for 2s or 3s?
    Like Scotty said, it depends on what you want to run, 2S or 3S.

As far as battery brands go, looks at SMC, they have quality packs for a good price. They are direct order.
    https://www.smc-racing.net/

As far as your truck goes.... It was made to run on 2S, but the electronics are capable of running 3S (assuming VXL). Going to 3S means you will break more parts more often. Look at upgrading your drive shafts, your back shafts take the brunt of the abuse, upgrade these first. Next is your running gear, look at upgrading your carriers to aluminum (again, back first), and plan on replacing your bearings annually.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I have been running SMC lipo's for several years now. I am constantly impressed with the quality of their products. Their customer service is excellent! The stand by their products
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer

SMC Battery Guide For Traxxas Vehicles

SMC has a Traxxas Battery Guide which tells you which battery fits any Traxxas vehicle (or other vehicles like Arrma)...

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...egory&path=181

By the way, I LOVE SMC and I bought two 4S 7400mAh hardcase packs from them for my X-Maxx. They were a direct fit, although a little snug to clamp down, but I can clamp them down with no mods. Great performing lipos and they still charge all 4 cells perfectly matched at 4.20V.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz View Post
    SMC has a Traxxas Battery Guide which tells you which battery fits any Traxxas vehicle (or other vehicles like Arrma)...

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...egory&path=181

By the way, I LOVE SMC and I bought two 4S 7400mAh hardcase packs from them for my X-Maxx. They were a direct fit, although a little snug to clamp down, but I can clamp them down with no mods. Great performing lipos and they still charge all 4 cells perfectly matched at 4.20V.
    Seems that they have a new line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Does anyone use soft cases? I've never used one - just used hard cases. There's a SMC 3 cell soft pack for $30.00, which is a good deal if soft packs are fine to use. I mostly just drive my truck (Velineon motor) out front in the street now. Here's the link:

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=542

Does anyone have any recommendations on any inexpensive 3 cell batteries? My three year old SPC 3 cell just died and I don't want to pay too much for a new one since I'll only be using it occasionally. TIA.
    Last edited by Jay_Dee63; 10-28-2019 at 03:42 PM.

RC Competitor
    I’ve had good luck with Gens Ace and HRB. Hard case 3s batteries are not as common as soft case. I believe that is because ROAR mandates hard case for all sanctioned races with 2s being the standard battery config.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-29-2019 at 02:55 PM.