The Future of the E-Maxx

Hey everyone. I have a friend who has an E-Maxx brushless. He's had it for a few years. I've personally stuck with my Stampede 4x4 and eventually converted it to a Slash 4x4 Monster Truck so that it would be a bit "closer" to the size of an "1/8th scale" vehicle. My friend is deeply concerned now that his truck is basically "abandoned" since the new "Maxx" truck was introduced.

I'm concerned, because my friend really loves his truck. I have to agree with him however that it looks to have been replaced by the Maxx. Should this be a signal to him that it's time to move on or should he stick with using the E-Maxx brushless? Many parts on his E-Maxx have already been upgraded to stronger after-market parts for what that's worth, but he is still sticking with the original brushless electronics, which I believe are similar to what is still sold with the E-Revo.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Hey everyone. I have a friend who has an E-Maxx brushless. He's had it for a few years. I've personally stuck with my Stampede 4x4 and eventually converted it to a Slash 4x4 Monster Truck so that it would be a bit "closer" to the size of an "1/8th scale" vehicle. My friend is deeply concerned now that his truck is basically "abandoned" since the new "Maxx" truck was introduced.

I'm concerned, because my friend really loves his truck. I have to agree with him however that it looks to have been replaced by the Maxx. Should this be a signal to him that it's time to move on or should he stick with using the E-Maxx brushless? Many parts on his E-Maxx have already been upgraded to stronger after-market parts for what that's worth, but he is still sticking with the original brushless electronics, which I believe are similar to what is still sold with the E-Revo.
    Parts will still be available. It's preference to stay and work with what you have or move on. The new stuff may or may not be built better. I'd assume they increased the durability and lowered the center of gravity of the new Maxx. This in turn allows it to jump better and be more stable in turns. I'd never get rid of my E-Maxx. I've put a lot of money into it to bulletproof it. Other than the steering tie rods getting broke, everything I have done is over the top and close to the limits of being completely bulletproof. Only thing stock is the transmission (except upgraded bearings) and the chassis.

He should just keep it. He can buy the new Maxx later to add to his collection if he wants to experience with the newer design.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I have an E-Maxx brushless and I'm getting a Maxx too. They are different trucks and will handle differently, but in the end it's up to him and what he wants to do, some people like only having a few trucks, personally I like having a small fleet that if I went out bashing and broke multiple trucks, I'd still have -something- to play with until they got repaired.