RC poster

Slash 2wd vxl - Rear axle/drive shaft upgrade options in steel?

I started off with an Arrma Fury a couple years ago and upgraded to the Slash and bought a 2wd vxl slash with the speakers for sound. It's got a lot of nice heavy duty parts on it but I still keep tearing up the rear axles. I've got the HD traxxas axles/drive shaft but where the drive shaft connects to the axle the plastic part that holds the pins in keeps breaking right there at the ball joint looking thing with the four pins sticking out of it because it hits the arm when running it off road and putting a lot of force on that side during turns. I've got everything as tight as possible in the rear so the hubs don't budge hardly but the axle keeps banging against the arms on both sides.

I recently bought a losi tenacity and it has the pins recessed into the axle at the bearings... so I've found after market steel and aluminum drive shafts like that for the Slash. Would those fix my problem? Or should I switch out the arms? I also put stampede monster truck tires on it for rough off road bashing and racing with friends, so I'm not sure if that adds to it?

Does anyone else have this problem? I bust an axle atleast one every 6 to 10 runs and this time when I touched that ball at the joint it was super hot so I'm also thinking the plastic gets heated and breaks easier on the axle.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySlash View Post
    I started off with an Arrma Fury a couple years ago and upgraded to the Slash and bought a 2wd vxl slash with the speakers for sound. It's got a lot of nice heavy duty parts on it but I still keep tearing up the rear axles. I've got the HD traxxas axles/drive shaft but where the drive shaft connects to the axle the plastic part that holds the pins in keeps breaking right there at the ball joint looking thing with the four pins sticking out of it because it hits the arm when running it off road and putting a lot of force on that side during turns. I've got everything as tight as possible in the rear so the hubs don't budge hardly but the axle keeps banging against the arms on both sides.

I recently bought a losi tenacity and it has the pins recessed into the axle at the bearings... so I've found after market steel and aluminum drive shafts like that for the Slash. Would those fix my problem? Or should I switch out the arms? I also put stampede monster truck tires on it for rough off road bashing and racing with friends, so I'm not sure if that adds to it?

Does anyone else have this problem? I bust an axle atleast one every 6 to 10 runs and this time when I touched that ball at the joint it was super hot so I'm also thinking the plastic gets heated and breaks easier on the axle.
    The only upgrade Iíll ever purchase again for driveshafts are mip xduty. Bulletproof in my experience my friend as long as you build them correctly. I have them in both slashes (2wd and 4wd) and soon Iíll have them in my rustler. Just be prepared for a little extra weight in your truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The xduty mip axle are little more than needed for the 2wd you should also consider the C-CVD mip axles. They are simpler and should still be more than strong enough for the much lighter weight Slash 2wd.

[https://www.miponline.com/MIP-C-CVD-...ampede-2-08106
    Last edited by zedorda; 10-20-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The xduty mip axle are little more than needed for the 2wd you should also consider the C-CVD mip axles. They are simpler and should still be more than strong enough for the much lighter weight Slash 2wd.

[https://www.miponline.com/MIP-C-CVD-...ampede-2-08106
    Those c cvd are only rated up to 2s lipos. I guess it really depends on what how much power youíre putting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk