RC poster

Trx4 bronco upgrade servo help

I recently installed inner and outer brass portals and steel beed locks. The stock steering servo seems to be a little weak now. Is the 2255 worth the money or can i find something a little cheaper that will work well? Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forums...

Yup, you are putting more stress on a servo that is was already under powered for the job it is trying to do.

The 2255 is a pretty good servo, haven't heard any complaints, other than the price. The Savox 1210 has about the same torque and is around $30 less.

No matter which you go with, if you are running the XL5, you'll need to install an external BEC. The 1A internal BEC in the XL5 just will not handle the added amperage and will likely fry. Traxxas sells a drop-in BEC, its not bad, and it will work, but it is spendy for a 3A unit.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Thanks i will check into savox. Do you no if it will work with the upgraded traxxas BEC?

RC Racer
    I recently saw a video by RC review, the title is something like 7 Best TRX4 Upgrades, with a dark green TRX4 sport as the thumbnail. One of the things he talks about is a very cheap, (and I mean very) 20KG servo. You should check it out.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikearm71 View Post
    Thanks i will check into savox. Do you no if it will work with the upgraded traxxas BEC?
    Yup, should work fine.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I recently saw a video by RC review, the title is something like 7 Best TRX4 Upgrades, with a dark green TRX4 sport as the thumbnail. One of the things he talks about is a very cheap, (and I mean very) 20KG servo. You should check it out.
    The servo RC review talks about is the Annimos from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikearm71 View Post
    A little more explanation on this...

The Traxxas BEC runs at 6VDC and plugs into the RX directly, running this, you should be fine. If you go to an aftermarket BEC like the Castle 10A, then you need to pay attention to what you are doing. The Castle BEC has selectable voltages, if you try running > 6VDC through the Traxxas RX you will fry it. In this case you'd need to run some sort of a servo bypass to power the servo directly, if you want > 6VDC going to it. My preference is to run my electronics between 6.5-7VDC. I run Spektrum radio systems, so I can run higher voltages.

RC Racer
    Ive been running a cheapo 20kg servo from amazon for a uear, but now theres a 25kg for almost same price. This is now on my list to buy as a backup.
    ANNIMOS 25KG Digital Servo Full Metal Gear High Torque Waterproof for RC Car Crawler Robot Control Angle 270 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GK1G5FV..._hDhTDbZXBAAP1

RC Competitor
    I have four Traxxas 2255 servos along with their 2262 BEC units with their 2247X steel servo arms. They perform flawlessly. One is a year old with many rocky mud and submarine runs. No complaints and tons of torque. I like the super clean plug and play wiring layout
    Last edited by miltonpoulos; 10-28-2019 at 01:20 PM.