Cracked ERBE 2.0 center skid... alternatives? Strengthen it somehow?

I never broke one when my ERBE was a v1, but after getting a roller and making a 2.0, I cracked my center skid in half at the access hole for the center axle. Is this normal or a fluke? Without the skid, the chassis flexes quite a bit, so obviously is a structural piece. I'm hesitant to buy an integy or hot racing alloy part, as that will likely take out a ton of flex and move the issue somewhere else.

I'm not easy on the truck by any means. I found this as I was replacing the chassis with a new one and found a few other issues along the way. I hit a rock a couple bash sessions ago and cut a gouge/hole on the inside edge of one of the battery trays. The other battery tray has split clear to the center of the chassis (was cracked a bit when I got it) and I'm on my 3rd or 4th set of battery doors in 3 months... not sure what that's all about.

I am running 6S now. When it was a v1, it only ever had 4S in it, so I wasn't airing it out as much as I do now.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    I don't like metal parts for that same reason and not to mention how expensive they are. So I would just replace it with the stock one because I'm pretty sure that was a fluke. Running it on 6s for sure puts more stress on EVERYTHING so I'm sure that's why you are breaking more stuff now. But if you're not breaking anything you're not doing it right.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Qualifier
    Keep it stock and see if it brakes again go hot racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stock one coming in the mail. When taking it apart, I found the the screw for the steering servo saver broke through the front skid plate as well. At least the rear skid looked ok... lol!

RC Qualifier
    You must get some serious air! I never tried running in a skatepark. Must be fun!
    When you switched from v1 to v2 did you go heavier on the suspension?(springs or oil?)
    Just an idea: Try your V1 shock setup and see how that works out. Maybe your not getting enough chassis slap?

I was running the same, but it was too "tight" and I broke my vdk pistons in the rear shocks. Getting a bit more air these days since I have more speed.

This is my setup:
    HPI F360C/2200kv motor 16/54 gearing
    1800uf x 6 Cap Pack
    Hobbystar 6200 50C x 2
    P2 rockers/stock rods
    70w AE VDK #3 front
    60w AE VDK #2 rear
    RCRaven Springs

If I go any thicker on oil or springs, it takes out rod ends too fast.

My last run, the sun comes out around 1:42 :

Was probably the landing @6:43 that did it. Went a bit further and half landed on pavement.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 10-22-2019 at 01:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like an awesome place to run, wish I had an area like that!
    I wouldn't feel bad about breaking any parts. You can hear your revo slamming the ground. LOL
    Maybe try P3 rocker setup. Definitely could use some dampening. At around 5:25 you can hear it hit and it didn't look nearly as high as your others.
    Again I'm jealous, fun spot to bash!

I tried P3's back in the day, but they seemed to cause damage. If I can keep the chassis together, I really like it how it is now.

I did find another "oops" when tearing into it. I made a 1/4" thick rear brace and the power wire between the two plugs apparently got pinched between the motor and the brace and cut a chunk out of the insulation. Will have to bandage that up as well, then move it. Really tells me how much flexing is going on with that chassis. Not a lot I can do about that either. Just hope the brace doesn't make contact with the rear of the motor and crack it. Definitely won't be trying a motor that's any longer, although I'd like to... thinking of finding a 1800-2000kv motor for it. Will wait until mine dies.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder if you could make something and fit it on the chassis bottom like the t-bone racing skid plates. (I have no idea how strong their material is, never used any of their products). Some kind of plate that was slightly flexible and would add additional strength to the chassis.
    For a motor take a look at Tekin. I have a first generation T8 2000Kv Truggy motor and I feel like it has better performance on 5s than the stock Erevo 2.0 setup (Velineon® VXL-6s and 2200Kv motor) on 6s. I will be getting the 1700Kv Truggy to replace mine when it goes bad.