RC Enthusiast

My slash is broke? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I went out to bash with my slash 2wd and i could turn it one and steer but the motor would not turn, i dont know what to do, if you have know to fix please tell me...i just put an new spir gear in and are running stock batteries and tires... please help!!!

When you turn on your truck, what color is the ESC's LED? Is the LED solid or flashing? Is it flashing slow or fast?

What battery are you using?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Im using a traxxas power cell 8.4volt series 4 battery with id, it is glowing red.

RC Enthusiast
    And it is solid not flashing

RC Qualifier
    Is your gear mesh set correctly? Maybe itís too tight and not allowing things to move freely as they should. Check for any binding in the driveline that may cause it to not want to move. Also try to re-calibrate the ESC. Here is the procedure per traxxas.

ESC Setup Programming (Calibrating your ESC and transmitter)

Read through all of the programming steps before you begin. If you get lost during programming or receive unexpected results, simply unplug the battery, wait a few seconds, plug the battery back in, and start over.

1. Connect a fully charged battery pack to the ESC.

Instruction Icon
    2. Turn on the transmitter (with the throttle at neutral).

3. Press and hold the EZ-Set button (A). The LED will first turn green and then red. Release the EZ-Set button.

4. When the LED blinks RED ONCE, pull the throttle trigger to the full throttle position and hold it there (B).

Instruction Icon
    5. When the LED blinks RED TWICE, push the throttle trigger to the full reverse and hold it there (C).

6. When the LED blinks GREEN ONCE, programming is complete. The LED will then shine green or red (depending on low-voltage detection setting) indicating the ESC is on and at neutral (D).

Also lastly, make sure you didnít switch the transmitter from 50/50 to 70/30 if it has that function available. Hope you get it working. Good luck!!

RC Enthusiast
    It wont let me calibrate it, the gear mesh it set perfect, and the driveline is great...

RC Qualifier
    Then you may have to call traxxas and see if they can help possibly. Again, make sure your transmitter has all the trim knobs set to zero, and that itís not been placed into 70/30 instead of 50/50. Make sure it has good batteries as well. Hope you get it resolved. Good luck.

RC Enthusiast
    I called traxxas and they said that i had a dead motor, it was the stock brushed and i am suprised that was it, going to pick up a brushless from hobby town Friday to get it replaced...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendarose View Post
    I called traxxas and they said that i had a dead motor, it was the stock brushed and i am suprised that was it, going to pick up a brushless from hobby town Friday to get it replaced...
    I’m glad you got this resolved. ( or at least figured out )Maybe it’s the empathy in me, but I feel for anyone newer to the hobby when they post about confounding and frustrating issues with models. Most of the time I hear good things peoples’ experiences with traxxas customer service.
    That said, I’m pretty sure you’ll be happy with the Brushless setup you pick up once you get it installed

RC Enthusiast
    I went through 4 titan motors in 3 months. I finally switched to the brushless motor. The selling point was the durability and the low maintenance. The extra power was great too.