Razor RC Maxx thread

youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Racer
    Thatís my fav Maxx vid yet mate. Nice driving and footage. Nailed the double backflips! Love the shot 2 mins in where you drop off and itís just an instant streak of dust on landing.

Have you upped the shock oils yet?

What are you filming with? Seems like a GoPro? What settings if so? 4K60 linear? Footage looks great on the YouTube app at the fast frame rate.

Nice all round mate!

Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    That’s my fav Maxx vid yet mate. Nice driving and footage. Nailed the double backflips! Love the shot 2 mins in where you drop off and it’s just an instant streak of dust on landing.

Have you upped the shock oils yet?

What are you filming with? Seems like a GoPro? What settings if so? 4K60 linear? Footage looks great on the YouTube app at the fast frame rate.

Nice all round mate!
    Thanks, yup running thicker shock oil in the rear and a few other little tricks. Working on tuning setup, will post it when I'm done. Yup, it's a GoPro Hero 7 at 2.7K60fps linear. Glad you enjoyed it.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice bashing video! The Maxx is a perfect bashing vehicle can’t wait to get my hands on one.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info mate. Look forward to hearing what you settle on for tuning and shock oils. I always end up around 60/50 F/R or higher for general running.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    That's a sick video. Looks like the MAXX can take some abuse. That looks like my old bashing spot before I moved, a BMX track. Man I miss it.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Qualifier
    Fair bit of chassis slap going on - needs thicker weight shock oil? Maybe stiffer springs too.
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    So it's definitely looking pretty durable. I live in Ohio, I'm pretty sure I'd have to take an airplane to find a place like that to bash. Very cool, nice video.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Fair bit of chassis slap going on - needs thicker weight shock oil? Maybe stiffer springs too.
    Yup, needs thicker oil. Lots of little things I did to make it drive better.

RC Racer
    Nice vid mate. Good to see it on the bench. Have not seen any wrenching vids yet and Iím hanging to see inside.

Did you take any video / pics while you had the center diff out?

I just bought a second hand 3S 1/10 diff (6780) and it came with the stock 20M oil. Crazy stiff! Very interesting to hear a 50/50 mix of lightweight to stock worked well in the maxx.

Thanks for the rundown on what youíre liking. Good to hear.

RC Champion
    Very good video, very informative
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

This is it, my full and honest opinion. I'm sure I'll take some heat for this, but I gotta call it like I see it.

RC Competitor
    Once again, a very good review !

RC Racer
    Great to hear your full opinion of it mate. The value section really stood out to me. I think you are on the money there. Hopefully the prices come down after launch or they offer an ultimate version.

Good to see the driveline opened up underneath. Thatís quite a lot of wrenching to get to the diffs but should be worth it for a fully enclosed driveline. Thatís something Iím really keen to experience.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you in the long term.

Nice

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I highly recommend you guys go through and reset your radio settings and set your end points, especially on a new Maxx. Mine were off by a lot in the radio. Here's how:

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Wondering what the front, rear, and center diff oils are? Also limiting shock stroke a little bit on my xmaxx really improved rollovers.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Wondering what the front, rear, and center diff oils are? Also limiting shock stroke a little bit on my xmaxx really improved rollovers.
    I think it's 30k, 20mil, 30k F/C/R.

RC Racer
    50k / 20M / 50k from stock, but thereís not much fluid in the front and rears from the factory. Just had to get into the manual for the pic below...

Hey Razor, been wondering about this for a few days after watching your steering calibration vid above...

Iím wondering what your left / right steering circles are like now after the adjustment?

On the old Stampede / HCG Slash 4x4ís and the LCG Slash / Rustler 4x4ís itís really hard to get even steering throw, due to either the servo arm or the bellcrank control arm being physically off center. So therefore the arcs of travel are off from side to side no matter what you do.

But the maxx seems to be aligned properly at 90 degrees...

So thatís why I canít get my head around how the steering throw ends up uneven, or how it ultimately affects the steering circles side to side.

I pulled mine to bits so canít check right now

Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    On the old Stampede / HCG Slash 4x4’s and the LCG Slash / Rustler 4x4’s it’s really hard to get even steering throw, due to either the servo arm or the bellcrank control arm being physically off center. So therefore the arcs of travel are off from side to side no matter what you do.

But the maxx seems to be aligned properly at 90 degrees...

So that’s why I can’t get my head around how the steering throw ends up uneven, or how it ultimately affects the steering circles side to side.
    The 90 degree part is fine, but IIRC the servo horn or draglink hits the top of the servo at full left.

If you watch my calibration video at about 6:34 you can see that the double shear servo horn doesn't really clear the servo at all, usually there's a gap where it sticks forward from the servo, but it doesn't on the Maxx.

I think on most cars, you actually need to have the servo horn at 90 degrees to the draglink, it doesn't matter what it is in relation to the servo itself. It needs to be at the peak of the arc relative to the draglink (so at 90 deg), so that as it arcs left/right, it is pushing/pulling the draglink the same amount.

I haven't checked my Maxx to see if the steering geometry is correct. You're right that it's odd I have 110% on one side and 83% on the other. It could probably benefit from an adjustable draglink so that you can get the angle correct.
    Last edited by RazorRC22; 12-04-2019 at 04:48 AM.

RC Racer
    Thanks for your info, thatís really interesting. I didnít notice that before disassembly. Iíll be very interested in looking closely when reassembling as was looking forward to it being a easy install on the Maxx after the 1/10ís.

Itís not possible to align the 1/10ís in the proper way you describe above as theyíre offset due to clearing the chassis and driveshaft. So itís always a bit of a juggling act getting everything even left and right.

Yeah, Traxxas gets the steering geometry wrong about half the time. That's why I said in my comparison review that other brands actually seem like they're designed by actual mechanical/automotive engineers while the Maxx seems like it's designed by ???.
    Last edited by RazorRC22; 12-04-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Merged posts.