RC Competitor

Scale of TRX4 vs other crawlers

I know most crawlers are 1/10 scale, but some of them seem a little small or large compared to others. I own a TRX4. When I look online for a Tamiya CC01, it is 1/2 scale but looks much smaller than a TRX4. The CC01 looks like a 1/12 scale car from the pictures. Is it the way the car looks or is the CC01 smaller than the TRX4?
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I know most crawlers are 1/10 scale, but some of them seem a little small or large compared to others. I own a TRX4. When I look online for a Tamiya CC01, it is 1/2 scale but looks much smaller than a TRX4. The CC01 looks like a 1/12 scale car from the pictures. Is it the way the car looks or is the CC01 smaller than the TRX4?
    "Scale" is relative. Anymore it is based off of what electronics are being used, not totally what the actual size the vehicle is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Even for the ultra scale models like what Tamiya makes, scale is more or less "scale-ish". You do the math going one way or the other and it never comes out properly.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Ok, thanks. I'm thinking of buying a Tamiya CC02, I'm not sure though, because if I tow it with my TRX6, it would look funny.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC poster
    The Defender is like a 1/8,5 scale, somebody meassured it some time ago...
    nearly every Tamiya car (not the trucks) is a "more realistic" 1/10 scale

just look at other cars, Traxxas or Arrma or whatever, they are all called 1/10 scale, but they are certainly not