Thread: Gmade shocks?

RC Racer

Gmade shocks?

Hey everyone. Do any of you all have experience with the Gmade brand of RC shocks? I was looking at them over the weekend, they look nice enough. Looking at getting some shocks for my second rustler 4x4, I picked up a brushed model local for 125 and Iím going to be building it up. I have GTR shocks on my rustler 4x4 VXL, looking at trying a different setup with different shocks. Appreciate you guys!

RC Racer

Gmade shocks?

Ugh itís supposed to say Gmade not grade I did not pay attention to autocorrect!!

Could a mod change the title for me? Instead of it saying grade shocks can it be changed to Gmade shocks, thereís no edit button for me to edit the original post. Thanks

No worries.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-01-2019 at 03:35 PM.

RC Racer
    Thank you ksb51rl!

So these are the shocks I’m looking at for front and rear,

G-Made 22107 XD Diaphragm Shock, 93mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VXV0E2..._Fd9KDb70CRGWV

G-Made 22007 XD Diaphragm Shock, 103mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VXV00Q..._5d9KDbGFWD89C

They look pretty nice, but I’ve not seen anyone talk about having used them before. When I got my first rustler 4x4 VXL, the stock ultra shocks were a pain in the butt for me. Stock springs were sagging after a few runs on 3s, so I bought stiffer springs. Then caps kept popping off so I did the right thing and bought some GTRs. Been a bashing beast ever since

But on this second rustler 4x4, since it’s a brushed model, I’m going to have to swap out some parts for stock VXL parts, like the diffs, toe links, center drive shaft and of course, putting in a brushless system. I think I’m going to actually try and give the Traxxas brushless system another chance. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the shocks I linked above?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Thank you ksb51rl!

So these are the shocks Iím looking at for front and rear,

G-Made 22107 XD Diaphragm Shock, 93mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VXV0E2..._Fd9KDb70CRGWV

G-Made 22007 XD Diaphragm Shock, 103mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VXV00Q..._5d9KDbGFWD89C

They look pretty nice, but Iíve not seen anyone talk about having used them before. When I got my first rustler 4x4 VXL, the stock ultra shocks were a pain in the butt for me. Stock springs were sagging after a few runs on 3s, so I bought stiffer springs. Then caps kept popping off so I did the right thing and bought some GTRs. Been a bashing beast ever since

But on this second rustler 4x4, since itís a brushed model, Iím going to have to swap out some parts for stock VXL parts, like the diffs, toe links, center drive shaft and of course, putting in a brushless system. I think Iím going to actually try and give the Traxxas brushless system another chance. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the shocks I linked above?
    I have pretty much the same shocks, only with the piggyback reservoir on our 2WD Rustler. Theyíre pretty well built for the price, but replacement parts might are a little more difficult to find.

Iíve only used them for bashing and some practice laps at the local track. They havenít leaked at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    They do look nice enough, though If parts are hard to come by I may as well get another set of GTRs off ebay for around 60. What got me started looking at Gmade shocks is from looking at replacing my stampede 4x4s shocks, already bent 5 shafts and went through a set of springs XD

RC Qualifier
    for that price might as well get some 1/8 buggy/truggy shocks(I keep seeing people talking about HPI Vorza ones) and experiment with shortening the stroke with spacers for the front
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 10-02-2019 at 07:41 PM.

RC Racer
    Sorry for the late reply. I went ahead and bought some chop shop GTRs in that very nice Traxxas blue! 46 bucks free shipping. I was trying for a different set of shocks for a slightly different setup vs my VXL 4x4 rustler that’s built for bashing, but the GTR shocks will work for what I want. Thanks for the input!

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry for the late reply. I went ahead and bought some chop shop GTRs in that very nice Traxxas blue! 46 bucks free shipping. I was trying for a different set of shocks for a slightly different setup vs my VXL 4x4 rustler that’s built for bashing, but the GTR shocks will work for what I want. Thanks for the input!
    Where'd you get your GTR's? Needing some blue ones for my 4x4 as well!

RC Racer
    I bought both sets off of eBay, both were from different sellers though. You’ll have to look for slash 4x4 GTR shocks, should come right up. Hope that helps!

RC Enthusiast
    I bought both sets off of eBay, both were from different sellers though. Youíll have to look for slash 4x4 GTR shocks, should come right up. Hope that helps!
    7461 and 7462 correct?

What springs are you going to run?

RC Racer
    Yes those are correct. And on my first rustler 4x4 I went with Traxxas blue progressive springs, and on this second build I’m using the stock springs that came with the shocks