RC Racer

Aluminum center drive shaft

Hey everyone. So Iím in the process of converting a brushed Rustler 4x4 to the VXL version, and the new center drive shaft came in the mail today. As I was tearing it apart to install I didnít realize I needed tra#6888x for the front end to mount the aluminum drive shaft.

I have a stampede 4x4 currently sitting without a motor, could I use the part on the end of the slipper for the front to install the aluminum drive shaft, or do I need tra#6888x. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    The slipper’s end is quite a bit longer than 6888x. Unfortunately I think you have to buy the part.

RC Racer
    Well crap. It’ll have to wait till next week, I’m capped out on my rc spending budget lol Thanks Twobelugas!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Well crap. Itíll have to wait till next week, Iím capped out on my rc spending budget lol Thanks Twobelugas!
    Sure thing

That being said, I know on all traxxas 4wd, there is a small amount of fore-aft slop when the aluminum center shaft is in place, so In the meantime it canít hurt to give it a go just in case that difference in length is shorter than the slop.