RC poster

clear Mercedes Benz G-500 4x4 body?

hey guys,

I was wondering if there is going to a clear G-500 body sometime?
    right now I can hardly find any pre-painted bodies, but I don't even like those colours, that's why I was hoping for a clear body...

does anybody have some information about that? I tried searching in the internet, but I couldn't find anything regarding this.

I hope you can help me ^^

greetings from germany

RC Racer
    I can't seem to find any clear G550 body, but you can paint over an already painted body. It won't be as good as a clear one, but I will get the job done. You can also wait, as Traxxas probably will release one soon.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC poster
    this is another problem
    over here in europe or germany there are not even the painted bodies available... only the complete car
    that's why I was wondering if anybody has some information about a possible clear version

RC poster
    ok... just to update for everybody

the clear body ist now available in germany. to have the complete body (with all attachements, etc) you need:
    - clear body (incl. decals), #8811 = 115$
    - side trims, #8815 = 12$
    - mirros, # 8827 = 7$
    - grille, #8813X = 18$
    - side markers,, 8816(X) = 6$
    - bumpers, #8820 = 10$
    - exhaust pipes, #8818 = 15$
    - roof visor, #8822 = 8$
    - skid plate, #8821 = 8$
    - center caps, #8873 = 10$
    - tires and wheels, #88772 = 45$ (you need 2 sets)
    - LED light kit, #8898 = 75$

so it's 374$ for the body and wheels - without colors for painting the body
    Last edited by thaclone; 01-05-2020 at 01:11 PM.

RC Racer
    That's a lot of money for a body. Are you converting a Trx4 to a G550? If I were you I would leave out the wheels, and get some bead locks. (It's worth the money on the long run, the tires are going to wear out one day and unfortunately, the wheels are right next to single-use, You can only install new ones if they're taken apart properly, which is hard to do with glued tires, and even if you do that, they'll only last a few tire swaps.) The exhaust pipes are a hinderance during those intense rocks climbs, but they do add nice scale detail to your rig. (they are visible on the G550 4x4, but the tailpipes on the TRX6 are not accurate, on the real car, the exhaust pipes are not visible.) Everything else is needed to make the car look good.
    There is a hard body for the TRX4 that is the G550 4x4, it has a full interior, clear windows, openable doors, and its for only $174 (im saying only because $374 for a Lexan body is insane)
    Heres the link for it:https://www.teamraffeeco.com/benz-g-...y-313mm-143641
    I'm not entirely sure it's possible to get it in germany though, I would try.

RC Racer
    Found it for a cheaper amount online $120 USD
    https://www.asiatees.com/display?bra...=143641&c=zrec

I tried buying it using an address of a cafe I visited in Frankfurt Germany, it works, but the shipping cost is a bit much, 50 dollars cheapest option, which is 1-5 business days or 9-11 business days (different companies). I still think it's worth it.
    Last edited by TITANIUM94010; 01-07-2020 at 08:55 PM.