Jeep Gladiator Rubicon body for X-Maxx.

Proline has a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon body for the X-Maxx. It's supposed to use the stock clipping system.

I picked one up today at the LHS...I'm so happy to see some variety start to happen with the X...at least as far as body choices.

RC Qualifier
    Show some pics once it is all painted up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Show some pics once it is all painted up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't hold your breath...I'm notoriously bad about finishing projects...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Don't hold your breath...I'm notoriously bad about finishing projects...LOL
    Dig deep into your highly trained, highly disciplined USMC body, and you'll be alright. I got faith in you brother. Plus, it would really be cool to see how your Jeep body turns out. (lol)
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Dig deep into your highly trained, highly disciplined USMC body, and you'll be alright. I got faith in you brother. Plus, it would really be cool to see how your Jeep body turns out. (lol)
    Eh...WHICH Jeep body? LOL I have the Proline, the hardbody, The Warthog and about 15 other bodies that are all projects! PLUS, I have other projects...and chores!

The Jeep body yo got for you Xmaxx.

The Jeep body yo got for you Xmaxx.
    I knew what you meant...but I have so many projects...besides, I haven't decided on police theme, a Jurassic park theme or more realistic.

Just for the sake of giving you some friendly input, I'd go realistic or military.

Just for the sake of giving you some friendly input, I'd go realistic or military.
    I don't know...I have the hardbody that is OD green and is perfect for the military scheme...but it's for the Defender.

I'm leaning towards the Jurassic theme...but reserve the right to change my mind 30 or more times before I get to it!

I got to say that I'm pretty good about getting my projects done. My big rule is if I start it, then I finish it. RC wise, I just have one project going. I'm building a new Spartan hull using all the things I learned on my own and from here on the forums. Another hobby project I'll be doing soon is pulling a big dent out of my YZ250's fatty.

I seen how to do it on YouTube, so I bought a 40 dollar pressurizing kit the other day for me to do the job. It's kind of cool how it works, and a lot cheaper than buying a new 250 dollar pipe. I have other projects to do too, but those are my hobby projects. The other projects I have are Man Projects. For me, Hobby Projects are labors of love, and Man Projects are just plain ol' ordinary labor.

I got to say that I'm pretty good about getting my projects done. My big rule is if I start it, then I finish it.
    Ah, I have the opposite rule: If it makes me money, I get it done. Anything I'm doing for relaxation, I refuse to pressure myself. I move forward as long as I'm enjoying it and if I switch projects midway, so be it...I don't want them to feel like work. I may or may not finish it down the road.

I'm that way too. That's why I say that my Hobby Projects are a "labor of love." My man projects, now that's a different story. I can't say they make me any money, but they do save me a lot of money. I don't hate doing them, but they aren't a "labor of love either."

Like changing out a bathtub for instance (I got that coming up soon); I'd rather do something else, but I can do it for a lot less than then what a contractor would charge. When I was growing up my dad (he was a building contractor) drilled in my head not to start something I wasn't going to finish. Not preaching, mind you, just saying one of the things my pop taught me.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-26-2019 at 05:45 PM.

It all depends on the project...hobby projects are for relaxation...practical projects need to be finished.

Yep, I'm 100% with you on that one.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...clear-body.asp
    I love the look. I'm drooling...
    Got a couple of questions I'm pondering...
    When is the unbreakable version coming ? Is it coming?
    The way the cage doesnt support the roof could leave the roofs front corners open for damage, will it hold up to rollovers?
    Do you guys think it would look ok minus the fenders?

If anyone picked this body up, please chime in
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...clear-body.asp
    I love the look. I'm drooling...
    Got a couple of questions I'm pondering...
    When is the unbreakable version coming ? Is it coming?
    The way the cage doesnt support the roof could leave the roofs front corners open for damage, will it hold up to rollovers?
    Do you guys think it would look ok minus the fenders?

If anyone picked this body up, please chime in
    I have the body but haven't done anything with it yet. I hadn't noticed the subframe not reaching as I don't have all of the subframes yet. I'll probably just make something to fill in the weak spots.
    Then again, I'm not going to bash with it so it won't matter too much.

I saw it at the LHS before I saw it online anywhere...I picked it up immediately.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I can see the cage in the pics. I'm brainstorming a way to add on to the cage to add support from the cage on up to the roof

RC Competitor
    Pix or it never happened.

RC Racer
    Follow the link to prolines website.....there are pics nd videos. It looks awesome.

I have a $200 credit at my LHS and it is just dying to be applied towards an XMAXX.....cant....resist.....much.....longer...

They have a feature of it in in my latest RC Car Action magazine. It's olive green, and it looks really good. I'd just get it, and let nature take its' course. If you don't get your money out of it, I wouldn't get another one. If you do, great! In my experience I don't want my bodies to last forever, cause even if they don't get ripped up they still get beat up. I like having a good excuse to treat myself to a sparkling new body every now and again. That's part of the fun of RC-ing.

Yes paint planning and prepping day is a holiday I must have at least 2x a year ☺️����