RC poster

Exclamation Esc issue? I ran maxx in shallow ruined my receiver

I was out running Friday after noon through a small shallow puddle. Today I was running my first pack through the truck, I lost forward and reverse then it started working, didnít think much of it as maybe something in the school was bothering the signal. I ran about 5 more minutes and rolled it landed on all fours. At this point no steering no throttle car was dead. So I picked it up, took it to the car popped off the body and noticed the esc was consistently flashing green. The only way I could turn it off was by unplugging the battery. I called my local hs and he wanted to take a look, after I had tried a few things in manual with no luck (this is when receiver light went out). I got to my local hs and heís a traxxas nut, as am I but we couldnít get even a new receiver to connect with the maxx. Itís definitely a bummer. Does anyone on here have any ideas of how to fix or what happened? All we could come up with is that the receiver shorted something in the Maxís esc an this is why it now doesnít work.

That would be my next guess, and swopping out the Rx and ESC, both, would be my next step.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Champion
    Call Traxxas Monday before doing anything
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC poster

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Call Traxxas Monday before doing anything
    Calling directly after work tomorrow they are good about standing behind their products so hoping for the best just hope they can get it figured out with me tomorrow!

RC Champion
    How did everything work out?
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC poster
    How did everything work out?
    Yeah I am sending esc and receiver I to traxxas tomorrow after work since Iíll have time. I am so happy again with their customer service as always!

RC Champion
    They know how to treat customers
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC poster
    They know how to treat customers
    So before I sent out my truck I stopped by the hobby shop again as a last try with the receiver again we put the same brand new one in with a different remote yet it still would not connect we tried for about 45 minutes I was ready to give up. The owner then looked at me and said well why donít you try your remote so we did and it connected we were both blown away, neither one of us had everything seen traxxas products or anything else ever behave this way but I ran the truck today with zero issue. It was seriously strange but we are both happy it didnít have to be shipped back to be checked out by traxxas. My only suggestion is to make sure to disassemble the top and middle of the receiver box and add some extra grease around wires and seal I had virtually none so I think it didnít have a good seal and thatís how water got in

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Pack your Rx box with rice?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...