RC poster

Loud grinding noise after fix...

Xmaxx 6s... Replaced lower bulkhead and a few other pieces that cracked and noticed the differential gear and pinion were ate up on front , so i bought new ones and wenr ahead and replaced the rear dif gear and pinion ..while I was in there I took the differential apart and cleaned it and put 100k oil in both ... Put everything back on the way it goes and 1st run it sounds horrible like the front dif gears are binding and hitting ( took apart and cant see anything bad ) . I'm stumped ..any help would be awesome

Sounds like you put something back together wrong. To trouble shoot, one at a time separate your motor and the different sections of your truck's drive assemblies to isolate your problem. That will tell you what area the problem is coming from...motor, pinion/spur, front wheel assembly, rear wheel assembly, or drive shaft. Once you isolate what area, you'll get onto the root problem pretty quick.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Ok , I'll do that and see what if anything is missed ... Ive done the repair atleast 3 times now and have not had this issue , this is the 1st time i have replaced dif gear and pinions on front and rear ...noise comes alot harder if dif case is on very tight , i loosen the dif case and noise is still there but not as loud ... Turn the car on and throttle , noise is instant ..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like you used the 8S diff gears with 6S bulkheads. Or vise versa. When I was building mine, I accidentally bought a 6S pinion gear and it was doing something similar.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC poster
    I think you are correct ... I just looked up the part #'s and some how I do have a front pinion gear for an 8s !!! Not sure how I over looked that ...THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Sounds like you used the 8S diff gears with 6S bulkheads. Or vise versa. When I was building mine, I accidentally bought a 6S pinion gear and it was doing something similar.
    That's what I'm thinking too.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWheelz View Post
    I think you are correct ... I just looked up the part #'s and some how I do have a front pinion gear for an 8s !!! Not sure how I over looked that ...THANK YOU
    You’re welcome. It was a forum member that helped me with my mishap. Glad I could help

Somehow builds are never done....