RC poster

TRX-4 with Traxx

Hello,

I recently purchased the Traxxas Traxx set and installed them on my TRX-4. I have only had a chance to run the truck twice since installing them, both on dry sunny days. I am noticing quite a bit of squeaking coming from the new traxx. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if there is something i can do to cut down on the squeaking. The paperwork says they are pre-lubricated but I am starting to have my doubts with the squeaking I am hearing.

Also a separate question is there any reason to avoid running the Traxx in high gear? I know the documentation said not too, but I am guessing that is due to to limitations of the stock motor. I have upgraded the motor and it seems to run in high gear without an issue. I just want to make sure it wont damage the Traxx. Motor temps seem to average in the 130-150's. I may add a fan to the motor to keep it cooler.

My Build:
    TRX-4 Orange Defender
    Savox 7.4v Steering Servo
    MAMBA X SCT PRO, SENSORED, 25.2V WP ESC AND 1410-3800KV COMBO
    Traxxas Light Kit
    Traxxas Traxx
    Traxxas Lift Kit

Thanks for any help or advice!

Yougoh
    Last edited by Yougoh; 10-27-2019 at 07:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You might try some dry lube on them to help alleviate the squeaking. Just be careful what you apply to then mmm as you donít want to attract dirt and debris. Dry lube doesnít have this issue, thus the reason for recommending it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    You might try some dry lube on them to help alleviate the squeaking. Just be careful what you apply to then mmm as you donít want to attract dirt and debris. Dry lube doesnít have this issue, thus the reason for recommending it.
    Yes, dry lube such as graphite is a great idea.
    As for running in high gear, that's mainly for the stock brushed setup. Running the brushless, as long as you monitor temps, you'll probably fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Awesome!!! Thank you both for that suggestion. I will try that!