RC poster

No steering, stampede

Hey guys, I wrecked my stampede, and now there is no steering.. the servo saver part popped off after the collision. The servo still spins each way with no issue, but the wheels don't follow. The cover that pulled off doesn't turn with the servo. Do I just need to replace the servo saver, or could it be something else? I would post pictures but it won't allow me to do so.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boape View Post
    Hey guys, I wrecked my stampede, and now there is no steering.. the servo saver part popped off after the collision. The servo still spins each way with no issue, but the wheels don't follow. The cover that pulled off doesn't turn with the servo. Do I just need to replace the servo saver, or could it be something else? I would post pictures but it won't allow me to do so.
    Does the steering turn freely with the servo disconnected? If so then probably nothing is binding in the steering . Next I would see if the servo itself responds to inputs from the radio with out being hooked up to the mechanical part of the steering linkage.
    If it doesn’t, you know that is where the problem lies. Even ird it turns freely under no los it could still be messed up inside. If it is an newer truck traxxas may replace the servo.
    I hope some of this info helps