RC poster

Trouble shooting an issue

Hello friends I'm here in search of some help with an issue I'm having with my stampede 4x4 vxl. So I just purchased a new battery for it and fully charged it, so I plug it in and take it for a couple of full throttle rips. Right after 2 or 3 rips in sport mode it goes in to a safe mode/ training mode where I only get 50% throttle and the red blinking light comes on. So I figured a loose connection but that didn't work either. But I unplugged it and plugged it back it everything normal again untill I make 2 or 3 full throttle rips, right back in to safe mode? Any ideas from any of y'all who have had this happen or are smarter them me? FYI I started to carry a second lipo battery on it aswell just to make it more convenient when I'm ripping it so the next question is do you think it's to heavy?

RC Qualifier
    This shouldn't be the case. But if you are doing full throttle passes with high speed gearing on deep grass it could be possible to go into overheat protect mode that soon. Otherwise if the new battery is somehow bad it could go into low voltage mode .
    Also. The mods may move your post over to the 4x4 stampede thread .

RC poster
    I sure appreciate the info bud. It does have the 17 tooth pinion gear in it and not the high speed gear.

RC Champion
    What c rating and mah is your lipo battery? Could be just that your lipos are sagging under load and thus tripping the LVC. Or your ESC could have a high LVC. I know that my old VXL had a pretty high cutoff, like around 3.7vpc. Having a high C rated and a quality battery is really what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecreampuff88 View Post
    It does have the 17 tooth pinion gear in it and not the high speed gear.
    The 17t pinion is the optional high-speed gear. Stock is 11t.

RC poster
    Ohh wow ok I yea I was totally wrong about the gear. Sheeesh. I'm learning for sure. So yea it has the gear the truck came with, and of course it came with the optional high speed gear. So the 11t. Y'all are gonna have to forgive me a little. I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys

RC poster
    It is the 20C 4000 mAh venom battery 11.1 3 cell
    Last edited by Thecreampuff88; 10-28-2019 at 12:55 PM.

RC Champion
    I am not a fan of those venom batteries. Had a couple puff on me and never were the same. I would bet that your batteries are sagging under a load and thus hitting the low voltage cutoff. My suggestion would be to get some better batteries. At 4000mah and 20c, that is only 80a of available amperage, and that is if the batteries are in great shape and are true to their rating, of which I suspect they arenít. Better batteries will most likely solve your issue. JMHO.