RC poster

Cooling fan fail

Whatís up guys ? So my motor housing cooling fan failed today , #3475 . Is there possibly a better one that could be used ? I have to admit I was waiting for it to fail because of what Iíve seen on the U tube.
    After 2 weeks of fun Iíve only managed to break the battery hold down ,the front bumper, and an outer half of a rear driveline. Both of those were easy cheap fixes, Traxxas had the parts $14 for the driveline and $10 for battery hold down . But now the fan $20 and no stock.😡
    Any ideas ?

The stock fan is crap, you don't want another one of those. This is what I'm doing for my ESC fan, holding up great. You could do the same thing for your motor.

youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    That looks like a legit fix. So is the motor fan the same ?

RC poster
    Lakeboy yes the motor fan is the same.

RC poster
    This fan seems to be out of stock everywhere. Any suggestions on where to grab one?

Quote Originally Posted by Otown View Post
    This fan seems to be out of stock everywhere. Any suggestions on where to grab one?
    Which fan is "this"? The stock one or the aluminum one? There are other aluminum fans on amain you could use, they're probably all the same.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    ďThisĒ being the replacement fan that was the subject of your video. Iíll look at alternates to the protek. Thanks!

RC Racer
    Your thumb nails are weird.

RCJuice has a 30mm aluminum one for $15 usually. I've been using those when I can and they seem to hold up well. There are many of the same fan with different label/brand on them.

Go to their site and look for "HobbyStar Turbo-Ventilator". I've modified a castle housing to use one on my ERBEv2 motor fan, made a bracket for my savage motor fan and removed the castle fan/housing on my MMX on my savage to use this instead. They push a ton of air and seem to hold up well to big air.
    Expert rigging at it's best!