RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb Aluminum Parts (Upgrades)

Hi,

I'm wondering what is worthwhile upgrading to aluminum on the E-Revo 2. I use it off-road and at bike parks mainly, and sometimes at skate parks a bit.

I understand that there needs to be some ability to have flex so things can bend and bounce back without breaking. Plastic does this well. However, some things don't need to flex and would probably perform better being as rigid as possible.

That being said, I've looked at the Hot Racing options and am considering the following:

1) Aluminum Axle Carriers: My pillow balls have popped out a few times despite several adjustments.

2) Aluminum Shock Ends/Collars: For more durability and to prevent shock ends popping off.

Would those be beneficial upgrades? Any drawbacks?

Also, are there any other parts that would benefit being upgraded to aluminum considering I use it off-road?

Thank-you!

RC poster
    If you do be careful... Aluminum parts do not bend back and if you happen to bend it back it will never hold its original shape itíll be crooked or slightly bent the plastic component on your truck are designed to flex on impact even though you donít visually see it occur it happens then it goes back to its original shape. I do use aluminum but only on speed run rcís Iím taking 90mph n above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    My bad didnít see the items you mentioned those components are excellent upgrades for what you mentioned though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk