RC poster

Summit1 /16 vxl and slash brushed 2wd engine swap

Ahoi!

The summit is by far to strong for the parts, driveshafts and other things are just flying around.

As i have a brushed 2wd slash, i was thinking if it makes sense to swap electronics to improve both of them, summit more crawly slash mor slash ;-)

Any thing i cant see right now?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar at View Post
    Ahoi!

The summit is by far to strong for the parts, driveshafts and other things are just flying around.

As i have a brushed 2wd slash, i was thinking if it makes sense to swap electronics to improve both of them, summit more crawly slash mor slash ;-)

Any thing i cant see right now?
    The Brushed 1/16 summit comes with a 1/10 sized Brushed motor in it already.
    But if you are planning to put in little 1/16 scale motor in a slash I don’t think it will work

RC Qualifier
    The brushless summit (VXL) model ESC/Motor is nowhere near big enough for a 2wd slash 4x4. You can however replace the motor/ESC from the slash 2wd and place it into the summit 1/16. You will need the big block motor mount for the summit 1/16th. And yes it will make it a better slow driving vehicle. As for the slash 2wd, you could try getting a hobby wing setup. They arenít expensive. But as for the 1/16 summit, the ESC/motor wonít work in the slash 2wd.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    The brushless summit (VXL) model ESC/Motor is nowhere near big enough for a 2wd slash 4x4.
    Hi, thanks I just checked what they have stock and I have no clue how to compare the BL setups.

But brushed they are delivered with the same engine and esc.

Are you sure that won't work?

RC Qualifier
    Iím sure it will not work. The brushless motor and ESC from the summit 1/16th is way too small to push around a 1/10 size vehicle. Look for a brushless setup for a 2wd 1/10 size vehicle. Something like this is what you want.

RC poster
    Thanks!

Then I will burn down the stock engine and then buy something like that