Traxxas Chevron Tires on the 2.0

Purely curious if anyone has mounted and run the Chevron tread tire from Traxxas on the E Revo 2.0 17mm wheels? Seems like it could be cool looking and decent handling tire. Here is what I am referring too:

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/5171

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're an asphalt guy right? I have never ran 3.8 chevrons, but 2.8 chevrons are not good on asphalt. However, they are fairly durable. If you like drifting and stuff they are alot of fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Iíve run them on an 1st gen Erevo on 4s, dirt, grass, and a little pavement. They work well on dirt and grass, and as said, they make a good kind of drifting tire on asphalt. Mine came off an older gen emaxx. Tire compound on these say soft, so maybe they softened them up a bit. The old ones lasted quite a while if you donít run them on pavement all the time. Just my experience. One of my favorite tires for general bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're an asphalt guy right? I have never ran 3.8 chevrons, but 2.8 chevrons are not good on asphalt. However, they are fairly durable. If you like drifting and stuff they are alot of fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Nick! I have a second project in the works right now seperate from my street beast. After seeing all the offroad guys and watching all the great videos of bashing and running off road...that bug bit me now too...lol! When I complete this second project I'll post pics of both the trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    I’ve run them on an 1st gen Erevo on 4s, dirt, grass, and a little pavement. They work well on dirt and grass, and as said, they make a good kind of drifting tire on asphalt. Mine came off an older gen emaxx. Tire compound on these say soft, so maybe they softened them up a bit. The old ones lasted quite a while if you don’t run them on pavement all the time. Just my experience. One of my favorite tires for general bashing.
    Thanks 222 for the info. I seem to remember about the same on my old school EMaxx!

RC Champion
    I have those tires, they are smaller but really light. The rubber is harder so the traction isn't great. With the brushless it's hard to handle on the pavement.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Maxx Adam, any chance you could post a pic of the Chevrons vs the stock tire for size comparison?

RC Champion
    I'll have a look for them, they are not much bigger than the proline badlands, mostly just a little wider.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Not sure if these are the exact same compound as those as mine are fairly old, I run a set on my big block 3.3 chassis revo:

Compared to v1 talons and t-maxx 3.3 tires:

They don't grip well on most surfaces which is why I run them on my bb revo, so they spin some vs ending up on the roof all the time.
    Expert rigging at it's best!