RC Racer

Trying to decide on a charger

Needing opinions on what is a good charger to get. Something that is of course lipo and at least dual charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Get a venom pro duo or a Hota d6

I have had a Hyperion charger since 2009! It has been and continues to be excellent. I have had several chargers in the same time period and as the others have fallen by the way side it continues to persevere! I highly recommend Hyperion
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    +1 on Hota chargers.

Look at wattage output and ignore amps when looking at specs.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Look at wattage output and ignore amps when looking at specs.
    Great advice here. Getting over the amps it puts out and ignoring the watts is like hitting the "FAT BURN" button on the treadmill and expecting to look like Dwayne Johnson when you are done.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    +1 on Hota. You can get them from SMC

Depends on what you are looking to do and what you want to spend. If you are willing to go DC you will get alot more power. I run an iCharger 406duo. It puts out 1000watts per channel, 1400watts combined, 40 amps per channel. I run a 1000 watt power supply and it is plenty for anything I want to do. Like mentioned above, hyperion, icharger, powerlab, will be your high end chargers, hota, ISDT, venom will be your more budget friendly brands. Dont forget hitec, their X2 is pretty capable, fairly priced and it's good hitec quality.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info. Whatís a good optional battery connector compared to Traxxasí battery connectors?

RC Qualifier
    Xt90

I run castle 6.5mm connectors, love them. 200 amp continuous rating. No worries.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S0MEON3CRAZY View Post
    Thanks for the info. What’s a good optional battery connector compared to Traxxas’ battery connectors?

Why do you want to change the connector? I have been running Traxxas connectors since 2007! I have never had a problem with one.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Why do you want to change the connector? I have been running Traxxas connectors since 2007! I have never had a problem with one.
    I have run both Traxxas connectors and Deans. The only reason I ran deans plugs on my associated cars is I didn’t fee like changing the plus over and I have cords t charge both.
    No problem with traxxas plugs though.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Well since Iím going with a non Traxxas battery and non Traxxas battery charger, just seeing what other options there since Iíll have to solder a set of connectors on the MMX

RC poster
    I personally like xt 60 connectors. They work well with every other type of rc toy i own.

RC Qualifier
    I might be one of the few, but I have used bullet connectors for a few years now and have never had issues with soldering them on, or issues with heat or failures. Easy to install and work very well. Iíd venture to say that xt150ís would be just as good and appear to be well made connectors too.

I have been using Deans connectors for years but have grown to dislike them. Bought a supply of XT90 connectors to switch everything over like 4 months ago. But been too lazy to go about soldering them all over.