RC poster

Rustler 4x4 vxl wont wheelie stock, brand new

Any ideas? I have a venom 2s 4000, and a ZEEE 3S 5000. Neither of them will wheelie. I dont think training mode is on, because it is getting up to about 45mph on 3s.

Bone stock out of the box.

I've read to adjust the slipper clutch, but shouldn't this thing wheelie bone stock? I'm wondering what the issue is.

I've tried on pavement, grass, and dirt.

RC poster
    After reading your post, tighten up the slipper clutch some, also be sure the high speed gear is not in and you should be good after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed about the slipper. One thing is, when the slipper slips it will in many cases make a very high-pitched squealing noise. Are you hearing that when you are hard on the throttle?

I run mine all the way tightened down. It's harder on other components but in the end your finger is what is in control and if you are careful enough you don't even need a slipper.

RC poster
    Ill try it. Is this common though or bone stock should already be good to go to wheelie easily?

RC Qualifier
    Bone stock the slipper clutch is setup to slip. This is why others have said to tighten it down. Itís made that way to avoid breaking other parts. Really Nothing to do with being ďbone stockĒ. An adjustment to the setup doesnít make it something else other then bone stock. Wheelies are a cool novelty for a little while but youíll soon learn that other parts will end up getting broken if you donít hit a perfect wheelie.

RC Qualifier
    Itís always a good idea to get to know your car by taking them apart and put them back together, little by little. It makes any fixing or adjusting down the road less daunting.

RC poster
    Tightened the slipper clutch on my 2s batt, but no wheelie still It should wheelie on 2s right?

RC Qualifier
    It depends. You have good traction on the tires? If not, then no, it wonít wheelie. Try it with a 3s. But make sure your tires have good grip before you do.

RC poster
    Fixed the problem! Thanks for all the suggestions. Wheelies on 2s even now. I went through and did a total resetup, the ESC and the radio calibration. Gonna back back off the slipper clutch now cause too much wheelies

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal64 View Post
    Fixed the problem! Thanks for all the suggestions. Wheelies on 2s even now. I went through and did a total resetup, the ESC and the radio calibration. Gonna back back off the slipper clutch now cause too much wheelies
    So was your esc set up in training mode, or just needed to be calibrated ?
    I’m glad you got it sorted out

RC poster
    I believe it was the radio WOT/Reverse calibration that fixed it, but I did both to rule things out.

RC Racer
    I couldn’t get mine to wheelie on 2s, it would lift the front end up about 2 inches for about 5-7inches and then it’d drop down. On 3s, wheelies all day long brother. I’m also in the process of converting a brushed rustler 4x4 to VXL spec, just got the aluminum drive shaft and diffs in today. I tossed in a 4s capable brushless system so we shall see what I break first