Traxxas TRA2255 servo?

Curious to see if anyone is running a TRA2255 red 400oz servo as a single servo set up on their E Revo 2.0? I have a Savox 1231sg single servo set up in my street E Revo 2.0 and its a work horse. I'm tempted to try the TRA2255 as it is waterproof vs water resistant and its nice bright red...which matches my current project color needs. Anyone with experience on it. The TRX-4 folks seem to like it..but comparing the TRX-4 to the E Revo 2.0 is like well apples to grapes...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Curious to see if anyone is running a TRA2255 red 400oz servo as a single servo set up on their E Revo 2.0? I have a Savox 1231sg single servo set up in my street E Revo 2.0 and its a work horse. I'm tempted to try the TRA2255 as it is waterproof vs water resistant and its nice bright red...which matches my current project color needs. Anyone with experience on it. The TRX-4 folks seem to like it..but comparing the TRX-4 to the E Revo 2.0 is like well apples to grapes...lol.
    I'm not sure how helpful this is, but it really comes down to specs. Specs don't lie. Vehicle doesn't really matter in my opinion. Specs are close comparing the two. I'm sure it would do fine. It is kind of pricey. For that price point you could get a pro modeler 470 which is 415 oz at 6.0v and they are very high quality and proven. Lots of options out there. Reefs triple 4 is similar too. The traxxas piece looks like good quality, if the other guys are happy with it I wouldn't be afraid to try it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 11-05-2019 at 07:21 PM.

RC Competitor
    I actually have been running 2 of these exact servos despite people telling me I only need one of the 2255’s. I’m kind of ocd and having just the one bugged me lol. Funny thing is I literally just converted to single. 3 nights ago I took one off and now have a spare. Started to wonder if the little power glitches/pops have anything to do with running 2 of these combined. Haven’t ran it yet like this. I am running the hot racing bellcrank (the integy one is no good), and the heavy traxxas spring. Not sure when I’ll get around to driving again to test with just the single servo. Truck is tore down some now and weather is turning.

RC Enthusiast
    FWIW, when I was speaking with the Traxxas tech after I busted both stock servos, he suggested I switch to the 2255 servo along with the heavier 5344x servo saver spring since the stocks werenít cutting it. He also said I would only need one of the 2255ís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    One is plenty. I used a JR 9000t for a long time on my 1st gen Erevo. Worked perfect. And it was only 300oz of torque. 400oz of torque at 6vdc is plenty. Donít see where traxxas lists the amount of torque at 7.4vdc, but I would venture to say itís over 500oz. At any rate, any servo with at least 300oz of torque will turn the wheels just fine.

Thanks for the responses...Ill swoop one up and try it out.