RC Competitor

Broke a rear toe-link.... will 5338A work?

So, I broke a rear toe-link. Oops.

Yep, it's what happens when you spin the 'revo around, and slam the back of the car (toe-link-first??) into one of the supports for a 'grind-rail' at the local skate-park. The toe-link snapped cleanly just at the start of the threads. Totally driver error, so we can skip the whole 'limiting-strap'/design-flaw discussion :-)

I have on hand a set of 5338A toe-links. I picked these up as spares before I even purchased the car, but now that I dig in a little more, I can see that PN 5338A is intended for use on the original Revo, not the "E-Revo 2.0" that I've got. The 2.0 should take 8648X/G/R as the Aluminum upgrades according to the Traxxas Parts Book. Honestly, I got these (5338A) because I figured that I'd need spares, and these are BLACK, not one of the 'look-at-me' colors that the E-Revo 2.0 upgraded Toe-Links come in (Blue, Red, Green... flashier than I want, but I'll suck it up in I have to) for the various X/G/R-suffixed variants of 8648.

So, I've seen a couple you-tube video that seems to indicate that 5338A should work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBn0M5UQsvU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSkx28G4ugg

The question really is... will 5338A work WELL, or am I going to compromise the geometry in some fashion or other (or be less durable than the stock steel part: 8648)? I SUSPECT that 5338A will work fine, but I figured that I'd ask for ya'llz collective wisdom before I crack open the package or get a set of steel 8648 from the LHS tomorrow.

Thanks in advance --BillJ
    Last edited by Single_Trac; 11-05-2019 at 09:37 PM.

RC poster
    I must be searching in the wrong area for more info on this. I was wanting to make sure whether or not they will need to do a rear alignment after the toe link replacement. Mine's going in the shop tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    The aluminum toe links and also the steering links are much stronger then the stock ones. I use both the toe links and the steering links on my summit and have not had one break in many years of using it. I originally purchased them for my V1 ERBE, but it just broke too much so when I got my summit they went on it. No bending these like the stock ones. Not sure if traxxas needed these up on the Erevo 2.0, but I do know they are a solid upgrade. I like the look of the black ones although I have the red ones on mine. At any rate, if you are thinking about getting these, donít hesitate, youíll be happy you did. JMHO.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by natelivliv View Post
    I must be searching in the wrong area for more info on this. I was wanting to make sure whether or not they will need to do a rear alignment after the toe link replacement. Mine's going in the shop tomorrow.
    Mine's going in the shop tomorrow.[

snaptube telegram web