https://www.pastepic.xyz/image/aEkm7

[img]a6af37e0 02fd 41e0 aced 473af85d332d[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 11-06-2019 at 09:21 AM. Reason: merge
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

What's the benefit of running a belt drive?
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    I’m assuming the benefit of this would be to create a weak link to be the breaking point to prevent damage elsewhere? Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    I’m assuming the benefit of this would be to create a weak link to be the breaking point to prevent damage elsewhere? Just guessing.
    Figured that's what the plastic spur/cush drive was for.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Itís just to be different. And quiet. Hard to do just right. You can see the belt not aligned perfect with the pulley. I had nothing but issues with mine. Cool but thatís all. For
    Me at least.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Itís just to be different. And quiet. Hard to do just right. You can see the belt not aligned perfect with the pulley. I had nothing but issues with mine. Cool but thatís all. For
    Me at least.

As this is just the proto type a belt drive like gears can have a +- tolerance and still work flawlessly. Unlike metal or plastic gears when failure happens there is quite a bit less collateral damage. Also meshing a belt is more user friendly. Did I mention operating costs?

2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRevoMaster View Post
    As this is just the proto type a belt drive like gears can have a +- tolerance and still work flawlessly. Unlike metal or plastic gears when failure happens there is quite a bit less collateral damage. Also meshing a belt is more user friendly. Did I mention operating costs?

Iím always glad to see people pushing boundaries and trying new things. I disagree with ease of meshing the belts compared to gears though. After doing the belt drive thing, I went with the GDS gears, hardened steel, and plenty loud, I like the sounds it makes and is super strong.
    I think my belt drive issues were due to using too shallow of belts and pulleys. Same setup some are selling for 100 plus on the interweb, and will have similar problems that I had. Had to get it too tight and it would generate tons of heat, too lose and it would slip under load.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Iím always glad to see people pushing boundaries and trying new things. I disagree with ease of meshing the belts compared to gears though. After doing the belt drive thing, I went with the GDS gears, hardened steel, and plenty loud, I like the sounds it makes and is super strong.
    I think my belt drive issues were due to using too shallow of belts and pulleys. Same setup some are selling for 100 plus on the interweb, and will have similar problems that I had. Had to get it too tight and it would generate tons of heat, too lose and it would slip under load.

I agree with you on the price. Outrageous markup for Chinese made 20 dollar part that you and others laid the groundwork for others for free. I donít think you should profit off of other peopleís free information. Even worse when credit is not given. As for me Gripdog7205 was my inspiration for belt drive. Thank you Sir!!!
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRevoMaster View Post
    I agree with you on the price. Outrageous markup for Chinese made 20 dollar part that you and others laid the groundwork for others for free. I donít think you should profit off of other peopleís free information. Even worse when credit is not given. As for me Gripdog7205 was my inspiration for belt drive. Thank you Sir!!!
    Thanks man. I will pass credit to others I got information from. Iím a huge fan of engineering and upgrading. I always prefer when I can go do things myself. My 3D printer will be assembled today. Let the games begin.