RC poster
    I revived my first gen nitro hawk but broke a front a arm. Can someone let me know which current arms(rustler ect) work best on the hawk. I really don't wish to spend 25 dollars on an original set of hawk arms. She already has a combanation of white and black parts so black parts are fine.

Are there any current production Traxxas front a arms that work on a first gen Traxxas Nitro Hawk?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-08-2019 at 03:52 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    The hawk is back in action. I took the 50 mile trip to the HS and compared arms. The closest was the nitro rustler 2531x. They are just a hair longer and a little wider gap were it mounts to the chassis. I bought the longer pins 3739 and used a few small washers as spacers. Works great and I didn't have to pay a premium price for 25 year old, maybe brittle hawk arms.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Knewton View Post
    The hawk is back in action. I took the 50 mile trip to the HS and compared arms. The closest was the nitro rustler 2531x. They are just a hair longer and a little wider gap were it mounts to the chassis. I bought the longer pins 3739 and used a few small washers as spacers. Works great and I didn't have to pay a premium price for 25 year old, maybe brittle hawk arms.
    Did you have to modify the nitro Rustler arms to fit, or did they bolt right on?

RC poster
    Bolted on with no modification. I used small washers as spacers and adjusted the wheel settings sence the arms are a smidge longer.

RC poster
    I forgot to mention that I did have to use shorter bolts to mount the shocks to the arms. You could use the longer bolts in a pinch if needed, they would just stick out the fron a but.

RC poster
    Update
    The nitro rustler rear arms are a direct fit with no spacers or modifacations needed for the nitro hawk.
    Bolted right in.