RC poster

Battery or LVC or ESC issue?

I have the vxl model rustler. On my ZEEE 3s 5200 lipo, i hit LVC at 3.77 volts per cell. All were balanced. When I charged, it only put 3900mah back on the batt ( all cells are still balanced out). Is this normal for 3s or is the LVC hitting early? I have read some people do nimh mode with aftermarket alarm, but wasn't sure with my case. It was not hitting LVC during WOT either, it was a mild 10-25% throttle even that set it off.

Charger is imax b5

Wanted to get this figured out soon before my return period ends for the battery in case it is battery issue.

Many say the stock LVC is pretty low. How do you know that LVC is at 3.77v/cell and when are you measuring it? It could be that when power is pulled from the battery the voltage dips enough to hit LVC and then at rest they recover to 3.77v. Quality batteries don't drop voltage as much when under demand. Batteries, IMHO, is not a place to go cheap on. Pay a few dollars more and get a better quality battery rather than a cheapo on Amazon.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-06-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Many say the stock LVC is pretty low. How do you know that LVC is at 3.77v/cell and when are you measuring it?
    You're right I dont know the instant voltage, but just the voltage after I took it out and put on the balance charger.

I was torn on how much quality matters. It seems I can get two ZEEE's almost for the price of one quality batt and even though the ZEEE might hit LVC early, two of them hitting early I would guess adds up to more playtime than one quality one don't you think?

RC Qualifier
    There is a big difference between “resting” voltage, and voltage “under load”. Your batts may well have been hitting the LVC when you applied power as said above. A quality battery is a good idea. You do get what you pay for for the most part. SMC batts aren’t that expensive IMO, and they are quality batteries. You can also get an external battery alarm/voltage checker, that plugs into your balance port. This way you can more closely monitor your current batteries. You set the LVC and an alarm will sound when it is reached. For the cost they are cheap insurance. Just some food for thought. Here is what I am speaking of. eBay or Amazon.

RC Competitor
    Are you sure you're hitting low voltage cutoff and not overheating?

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegan View Post
    Are you sure you're hitting low voltage cutoff and not overheating?
    This is a fair question!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl