RC poster

Inexpensive 3 Cell Battery?

Does anyone know of any inexpensive 3 cell, hard case batteries that are decent? Any on sale at the moment?

RC Qualifier
    Try SMC or Gens Ace. I know that SMC are quality batteries. Iíve heard good things about Gens Ace. There are other places to get batteries for cheap, but we are not allowed to speak of that place. Google it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Try SMC or Gens Ace. I know that SMC are quality batteries. I’ve heard good things about Gens Ace. There are other places to get batteries for cheap, but we are not allowed to speak of that place. Google it.
    Cheapest I could find was starting about $50 for off brand ones. The better brands were more. I am hoping someone knows of a sale going on.

Normally I wouldn't care about the price, but I just moved into an expensive house and am trying to be watchful of how I spend until I have my finances figured out.
    Last edited by Jay_Dee63; 11-07-2019 at 11:24 AM.

RC Competitor
    I bought a HRB 3s, hardcase from Amazon. It was pretty cheap and has lasted a year so far, no issues. Cost at the time was $69 Canadian which is about $53 US.

RC Qualifier
    SMC batteries has some 4800mah ones for under $30. They make pretty good batteries.

RC Enthusiast
    I have had 2 of these for about 1.5 years and they have been great.

https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batteri...y-compact.html

I've been running their 6200 50C soft packs in 3 of my 1/8th trucks since spring and they seem to be doing well. The ones I run are larger style cells though.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    smc ftw and be done!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    smc ftw and be done!
    I just wish people were not so afraid of shipping lipo packs. I ordered my latest sets of SMC packs over two weeks ago, and have been tracking the mule train across the US. Tracking says they arrived at my PO late yesterday.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I just wish people were not so afraid of shipping lipo packs. I ordered my latest sets of SMC packs over two weeks ago, and have been tracking the mule train across the US. Tracking says they arrived at my PO late yesterday.
    They legally can't be sent by air, ground only.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Awanfi makes great packs. I love the 2 packs Iíve gotten from them and plan on ordering more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk