Thread: What can i do.

RC Competitor

What can i do.

Here is my set-up
    Trx-4 sport, 6.75 pounds
    HW-1080 esc
    HH trailmaster 550 21t , stock spur and pinion
    2 cell, 5000mah,60c

this set-up has great low end control but i can not get it to hold on up hill and down hill slopes. it is so close, when you let off of throttle it s-l-o-w-l-y starts to roll.i am trying to get a rock solid hold. Is there anything to improve on my set-up.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rc wanna be View Post
    Here is my set-up
    Trx-4 sport, 6.75 pounds
    HW-1080 esc
    2 cell, 5000mah,60c

this set-up has great low end control but i can not get it to hold on up hill and down hill slopes. it is so close, when you let off of throttle it s-l-o-w-l-y starts to roll.i am trying to get a rock solid hold. Is there anything to improve on my set-up.
    Gearing down would help. Either changing to a smaller pinion or the bigger spur, or both.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rc wanna be View Post
    Here is my set-up
    Trx-4 sport, 6.75 pounds
    HW-1080 esc
    2 cell, 5000mah,60c

Did you alter any of the stock settings? The drag brake is item # 9, and 100% drag is option 9. I have one of these too, but havenít installed it yet.

Maybe it never really locks up... The castle sidewinder 4 lists their crawler drag brake as 230% I believe. Thatís quite a difference. HH has a YouTube video where he demos the SW4. He seems to like it. Itís definitely more expensive though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Yes definitely gear down as low as you can, and then use 3s batteries. Everything will improve, torque, drag break, and run time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Ive maxed all the brake settings on the 1080, and with a 10lb trail weight still have the same little bit of roll. I have a 9t pinion, and 3s FWIW. Same setup held excellent with th stock XL5, so i have to conclude thats the biggest factor, unless someone can unlock what im missing in the 1080 settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    Ive maxed all the brake settings on the 1080, and with a 10lb trail weight still have the same little bit of roll. I have a 9t pinion, and 3s FWIW. Same setup held excellent with th stock XL5, so i have to conclude thats the biggest factor, unless someone can unlock what im missing in the 1080 settings.
    If youíre in the Castle settings for a SW3/4, mamba x, etc. they list ďfull crawler onĒ as 230% drag brake. The hobbywing just says 100%. Does anybody know what thatís all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    update, tried a 15 tooth pinion and i now have good hold with nice wheel speed and low end control. need to run some more but like what i see so far, thanks everybody for your input.