Thread: 17mm wrench

RC Champion

17mm wrench

Does any one know of an aftermarket 17mm splined nut driver I donít like the stock little plastic one.
    3.3 t-maxx, O.S. .18TM t-maxx, HV brushless e-maxx

https://store.rc4wd.com/Tool-for-Rev...ex_p_3519.html

It says that it is for the Revo/Summit; but it works on the 17mm spline hex nuts.

Wouldn't you know it, that sucker is out of stock - sorry about that, but I do have one and it works great.

Fleabay has them, but they are twice the price coming from the United Kingdom:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-for-Re...gAAOSwuwNZkXwM
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 11-07-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: link
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Racer
    Most of the time I just use a normal 17mm socket wrench

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I picked up 2 of these because they were cheap. They are excellent quallity with a tight fit and definitely worth the money.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/17mm-Wheel-...73e1ad:g:HtAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    Most of the time I just use a normal 17mm socket wrench

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Sometimes, the walls of a normal 17mm socket wrench are too thick to fit between some rim designs and the 17mm spline nut design when you have a deep nut well. I found that out the hard way with some aftermarket rims. The tool I linked, is no wider in diameter of the 17mm nut itself and thus will fit any rim design I have come across because it doesn't have to fit all the way around the nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    I picked up 2 of these because they were cheap. They are excellent quallity with a tight fit and definitely worth the money.
    Definitely a nice price for the quality; but that design will also run into a problem with some deep well rim designs where there is no room for anything other than the nut. That tool I linked, doesn't have to fit between the nut and some deep well rim designs because it is no wider than the nut and doesn't have to fit all the way around the nut like typical nut drivers.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 11-08-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: edited
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Qualifier
    The one you listed is awesome but pretty much 35.00 cdn and to far out of my price range for what you get.
    Yes your right on the fit with deep well rims which so far hasn't been my problem but it wouldn't take much to trim the handle at either end, especially if you had 2 and experimented with one.
    I like to consider myself frugal not cheap lol but basically yeah I'm to cheap lol.

RC Champion
    Get yourself a thin walled 17mm socket, a 6Ē extension, and a 3/8 ratchet. You can find the socket off eBay for relatively cheap as well as the 6Ē extension. Something like this may not require an extension.