Quicrun 1080 mount

I found a nice holding tray from a 3D printing company that Iíve purchased from on a number of occasions, always with great results and great customer support.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/B5...li=marketplace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I printed on of those out for my HW ESC that is in my Tonka TRX4, it works well, tidies everything up. If I needed another I would design it myself with some places to zip-tie wires to.

The design I found on Thingiverse is a little different, but you can see it at the bottom of the picture printed in silver...

Untitled by Scott O, on Flickr

Now that I can design my own parts, I am going pull this truck apart and redo a bunch of stuff.

Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I printed on of those out for my HW ESC that is in my Tonka TRX4, it works well, tidies everything up. If I needed another I would design it myself with some places to zip-tie wires to.

The design I found on Thingiverse is a little different, but you can see it at the bottom of the picture printed in silver...

Now that I can design my own parts, I am going pull this truck apart and redo a bunch of stuff.

That Tonka is so cool! Someday Iíll have the time to print my own stuff, for now Iím chasing little ones. Shapeways is definitely a big help...

Quote Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
    That Tonka is so cool! Someday I’ll have the time to print my own stuff, for now I’m chasing little ones. Shapeways is definitely a big help...

What would you change about that HW1080 mount? What improvements would you make?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    What would you change about that HW1080 mount? What improvements would you make?
    Are you referring to the one I first posted? I havenít actually received it as yet, so I canít say for sure.

One thing I do like is when parts like this are keyed, so that it could fit snugly into the grooves on the TRXís side rails. Other than that, it looks pretty on point.