RC poster

E Revo 2.0 for first RC

I've been on the outside looking in for years now when it comes to the world a what I like to call "Real" Rc cars amd trucks. (Always just went with cheap walmart cars lol) after talking with a new guy at work who used to be really into RC I decided I'm gonna get my first real RC. He keeps telling Slash, Slash, Slash. But I really dig the look, size, and just everything about the E Revo 2.0 but with that said.... he ain't wrong the slash does appeal to me too. I'd be doing strictly bashing in the back yard, driveway and in the field behind the house so as far as terrain goes it'll be Grass, packed gravel, hard dirt and real loose dirt after the field is tilled up. If I go Slash I was gonna go with the Ultimate and upgrade to the 2.8 tires. I know the E Revo looks daunting to a beginner when it would come to repairs but I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I'm not worried about that. So I guess this post is basically asking which is best for bashing lol.

RC Racer
    I personally like the MT/Truggy styles for bashing which immediately puts me on the 2.0s side. But that being said they're both good trucks. It sounds like your terrain would be well fit for both so it kind of depends on what you want to do with it if you thjnk you might want to jump it and attempt stunts the 2.0 i think for sure. Repairs are tedious sometimes but if you are mechanically inclined as you say youll be fine.

Sent from my SM-T827R4 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I'd probably go with the revo 2.0. From experience driving both in a tilled up field I'd say the revo is a lot better at going over bumps rather than hitting them like the slash because of the larger tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    I'd probably go with the revo 2.0. From experience driving both in a tilled up field I'd say the revo is a lot better at going over bumps rather than hitting them like the slash because of the larger tires.

I would definitely agree with tire size being an advantage as well!

RC poster
    Also if I remember reading the specs correctly the revo has more ground clearance which I thought would be beneficial for the field and in the grass

Quote Originally Posted by Clcoleman View Post
    Also if I remember reading the specs correctly the revo has more ground clearance which I thought would be beneficial for the field and in the grass
    I don't own a Slash so I can't really comment or compare it to anything but judging by how you are planning on using the vehicle and the places you'll be running I would suggest taking a look at the Maxx. It only requires one battery and seems to be REALLY rugged! I haven't broken a single thing on it yet!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I don't own a Slash so I can't really comment or compare it to anything but judging by how you are planning on using the vehicle and the places you'll be running I would suggest taking a look at the Maxx. It only requires one battery and seems to be REALLY rugged! I haven't broken a single thing on it yet!
    That being said if youre interested in a side by side comparison check out Kevin Talbot on YouTube hes doing a comparison on the maxx and 2.0 today at noon (pst is the time im on) 8p

RC poster
    First thing first. Semper Fi brother and happy early birthday.

Second anybody have a list of essential upgrades for the E Revo. I already know I'm gonna get/need the chassis brace and limiting straps

RC Racer
    Personally Ive only replaced the toe links with 7076 aluminum ones for the Erbe but that seems to be the weakest point for me thus far all the solid suspension metal its all open to impact and whatnot. However the pillowballs and suspension stuff in general needs constant basic maintenance tightening and readjusting after hard bashing. Theres alot of topics on this subject throughout the forum with alot of suggestions i would recommend browsing over them to make the final decision yourself.. or break it first and upgrade as you go 8p thats how ive gone honestly. I did blow many tires so i finally strapped em.

Edit]

I failed to mention as i forget its capable of 4s and not just 6s haha in which case you may not blow tires as frequently and not using the self righting ability lol that was the culprit in my case 3 times figured id have learned the second time

Last edited by Xzinten; 11-09-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzinten View Post
    That being said if youre interested in a side by side comparison check out Kevin Talbot on YouTube hes doing a comparison on the maxx and 2.0 today at noon (pst is the time im on) 8p

Yeah, I'm subscribed so I saw it when it came up.

I don't need a side by side comparison...I have both cars. What I don't have is the Slash, which is what the OP wanted a comparison of.

Quote Originally Posted by Clcoleman View Post
    First thing first. Semper Fi brother and happy early birthday.
    Thanks! I feel fairly decent for 244 years old! Semper Fi!
    Last edited by USMC1984; 11-09-2019 at 08:49 PM.

RC Racer
    Yeah, I'm subscribed so I saw it when it came up.

I don't need a side by side comparison...I have both cars. What I don't have is the Slash, which is what the OP wanted a comparison of.
    It was the OP who I had in mind as he has 0 Rcs but yeah the slash is in a different class of trucks. And I do not own one either. Ive driven them and theyre more "racey like" than I prefer. All i do is bash hard terrain so i stick with taller rigs

It was the OP who I had in mind as he has 0 Rcs but yeah the slash is in a different class of trucks. And I do not own one either. Ive driven them and theyre more "racey like" than I prefer. All i do is bash hard terrain so i stick with taller rigs

I never saw a point in the Slash since I have the UDR...which is awesome not really a basher...it's great in the relatively flat dirt lots though!

RC Racer
    Absolutely! if I were to buy that style rig its a UDR on the top for sure theyre wicked machines.

Absolutely! if I were to buy that style rig its a UDR on the top for sure theyre wicked machines.

Yes, they are! I've also never broken it or had any issues either.

I'm liking the new blue body! I hope they offer it up as a prepaint at some point!

The 2.0 is far more capable for just a little bit more money than the slash ultimate 4x4. It really isn't even a fair comparison. You can just do so much more with the revo as far as terrain and driving style is concerned. You could put another 500$ into a slash ultimate and it still isn't going to go, or do what a 2.0 will do. My first truck was a slash 4x4. I built it to the hilt, loved it like it was my child. After I got into real 8th scale bashers it turned into a giant dust collector. Ended up selling it because there was really nothing appealing about it anymore.

RC Qualifier
    I like my 4wd slash/rustler/stampede, I really do, and none of them are anywhere near stock. Like others said already, you can throw a lot of money into slash builds and the e Revo will still walk all over it once the terrain gets rough. Itís not even a contest.

Once you get into e Revo and itís competitors like the mt410/et48.3, the slash seems so...1/10 scale.

After converting my v1 brushless revo to the 2.0, my stampede 4x4 vxl gets very little wheel time. It just doesn't do as well in grass as the larger truck, even with aftermarket esc/motor/servo/tires, it still labors and loses speed unless your on super short grass. I would have to assume a slash would be even worse as it's lower to the ground and has smaller OD tires.

The 2.0 revo is a very good truck that so far requires very little structural upgrades to make it tough. I got mine as a roller, so can't speak for the electronics. The driveline is far better than the 1.0 though and being able to run 6S in it without worrying about frying axles or diffs has really made it one of my "go to" bashers.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    I have a Slash 4x4 Platinum which is basically an Ultimate now, and I have an E-Revo 2.0. I wouldn't buy either for a first truck. Get the Traxxas Maxx, or pony up and get an X-Maxx which is the best Traxxas RC ever.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours