Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    24

    Camber Links / Turnbuckles

    What’s the part number for the blue Traxxas camber links & turnbuckles? On AMainHobbies, everything shows the comparability for either the Rustler or the VXL but not the 4x4!!

  2. #2
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,559
    What does your exploded view say?

    https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/Ru...Front-Assembly
    The Super Derecho

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    116
    I just searched rustler 4x4 camber links and they came right up on amain.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    I just searched rustler 4x4 camber links and they came right up on amain.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes....39mm and 49mm.... i'm guess 4 of the 49mm to replace all of the camber links and 2 of the 39mm to replace the tie rods (or whatever the correct verbiage is)

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRookie View Post
    yes....39mm and 49mm.... i'm guess 4 of the 49mm to replace all of the camber links and 2 of the 39mm to replace the tie rods (or whatever the correct verbiage is)
    Best way to match up lengths is to use the exploded views and click on the item links, should tell you what lengths they are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san diego cali
    Posts
    49
    The two wheel drive camber links are opposite length of the four-wheel-drive camber links. So if you get the two wheel drive kit like 3741 a, you can mount them on a 4x4 if you put the front and back in the back and front

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegan View Post
    The two wheel drive camber links are opposite length of the four-wheel-drive camber links. So if you get the two wheel drive kit like 3741 a, you can mount them on a 4x4 if you put the front and back in the back and front
    Really?! Then why not advertise that so a set can be found for the 4x4 lol

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    116
    Good information, thanks for sharing!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san diego cali
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRookie View Post
    Really?! Then why not advertise that so a set can be found for the 4x4 lol
    They do advertise front camber links for the 4x4, part # 3643X but they are $40 for a pair. No rears. Whereas you can get the entire set for the 2wd for $20....

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegan View Post
    They do advertise front camber links for the 4x4, part # 3643X but they are $40 for a pair. No rears. Whereas you can get the entire set for the 2wd for $20....
    Thanks for the info man....just ordered 3641a and matching toe links and that will complete my suspension overhaul on the 4x4!

  11. #11
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san diego cali
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRookie View Post
    Thanks for the info man....just ordered 3641a and matching toe links and that will complete my suspension overhaul on the 4x4!
    3641A are one-piece plastic camberlinks, i've never seen those before.

    3741A is the blue titanium camber kit, which fit 4x4 slash & rustler when mounted front/back and back/front. Ignore everybody on amazon that says it will not fit.

    Good luck, hope this helps. Oh and also throw the instruction sheet away, as the 2wd specs and drawings are drastically different from the 4x4
    Last edited by SanDiegan; 11-14-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •