RC poster

Maximum Destruction model 3602 running lazily too soon...

(This was the most reasonable section I thought to post this)

I have had my Maximum Destruction model 3062 (1/10 NiMH 7-cell battery) for 6 years and it is running lazily too fast after I begin running it. When I run a full battery, the truck only runs at full charge (looks like a top speed of 20 MPH even though top speed is supposed to be 30) for like 5 minutes. The thing is though, as it slows down to the point where it's no fun anymore, when I pick the truck up and let the wheels spin to drain the rest of the battery, the wheels continue to spin at the same speed (a pretty high speed) for up to 10 minutes as if the battery is still charged but it's just not delivering full power to the wheels while on the ground.

I let the battery charge past it's normal full charge time (I let it stay plugged in overnight) and I used the battery right away after unplugging it and it ran about 30% better and longer than explained above when I did not use the battery right away (let it charge until light was green then used it maybe 3 hours later above).

I'm not a genius like a lot of people on this forum are when it comes to Rc's so I was hoping someone could give me some insight.

Can anyone tell me what they think maybe the problem is (Charger, motor, battery...)?

Battery. Nimh do not need to be discharged like the older tech nicd. They don’t have the memory effect like nicd either.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    At 6yrs old I would venture to say your battery needs to be replaced. Itís most likely not holding voltage under a load, thus the reason you can see the tires spin fast when itís off the ground. Placing the vehicle back on the ground places the battery under a load, and it canít hold its voltage any longer due to being so old. At 6yrs old itís most likely time for a new battery.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    At 6yrs old I would venture to say your battery needs to be replaced. It’s most likely not holding voltage under a load, thus the reason you can see the tires spin fast when it’s off the ground. Placing the vehicle back on the ground places the battery under a load, and it can’t hold its voltage any longer due to being so old. At 6yrs old it’s most likely time for a new battery.
    I second what 222 says above.
    Also, on a side note, I am a fan of the real MaxD monster truck. That is a heck of cool model you’ve got there. I wish they still made it

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    At 6yrs old I would venture to say your battery needs to be replaced. Itís most likely not holding voltage under a load, thus the reason you can see the tires spin fast when itís off the ground. Placing the vehicle back on the ground places the battery under a load, and it canít hold its voltage any longer due to being so old. At 6yrs old itís most likely time for a new battery.
    Ok, Thank you! I thought it probably was the battery but wanted to make sure before I made any conclusions. I knew someone on here would know what was going on and you and at least 2 others are putting the blame on the battery. thanks again.

Thanks for the reply, you and others are saying it is the battery (as I assumed but just wanted to be sure) so now I know what to do.

Lol! I am a Monster Jam fan as well. It is cool... it would have been even cooler if they made it a 4X4! Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-11-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction