RC Racer

Slash 4x4 conversion question

So I want to do a stampede 4x4 to slash conversion, Iíve found a few threads that donít really give you all the required parts for said conversion outside of the slash lcg conversion kit.

So what Iím asking is, outside of the obvious lcg kit, front and rear bumpers, tires, body posts and body, center drive shaft, what parts carry over from the stampede?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A better question to ask would be "Specifically, what parts do I need to buy to convert my Stampede into a Slash?"

I'm not 100% certain, but you might need a different front shock tower. I could be misinformed, but I believe the Stampede uses the same tower front & rear, while the Slash users a shorter tower in the front.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    So I want to do a stampede 4x4 to slash conversion, Iíve found a few threads that donít really give you all the required parts for said conversion outside of the slash lcg conversion kit.

So what Iím asking is, outside of the obvious lcg kit, front and rear bumpers, tires, body posts and body, center drive shaft, what parts carry over from the stampede?

Itís been a few years since I went from Stampede to Slash 4x4 LCG, but I think you got it covered. From what I recall, everything else (Eg shock towers, diff housings, a arms) are a direct fit.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by gusd2 View Post
    Itís been a few years since I went from Stampede to Slash 4x4 LCG, but I think you got it covered. From what I recall, everything else (Eg shock towers, diff housings, a arms) are a direct fit.
    My stampede 4x4 is the kit version, are the diffs for brushed vehicles or are they VXL diffs. I suppose I could open it up and look lol

I know someone is probably thinking why do you want to go from a stampede to a slash. Short answer is I already have a monster truck, I canít say the name but it starts with a K and is 6 letters long. And I kinda just impulse bought the stampede 4x4 kit, I couldnít decide between it or a slash.

Iíll end up getting the lcg chassis, center drive shaft and tires this weekend. Iíll have to do it like I did my Rustler 4x4 brushes to VXL conversion, just a bit at a time

Appreciate you guys and your help

The kit version has the brushed spec diffs. The LCG chassis and center driveshaft are all that I bought when I converted my P4de to a slash aside from some STRC Ebuggy conversion parts. Everything else is exactly the same between the 2 trucks.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hammie4c View Post
    The kit version has the brushed spec diffs. The LCG chassis and center driveshaft are all that I bought when I converted my P4de to a slash aside from some STRC Ebuggy conversion parts. Everything else is exactly the same between the 2 trucks.
    Thanks for the info. I can get some VXL spec diffs off eBay for cheap so thatís not a problem.

RC Qualifier
    A easy way to summarize the relationship between the 4wd slash, stampede, and rustler is that the HCG Sl4sh is just a stretched Stamp4de, and a Rustl4r is just a shortened LCG Sl4sh with shock towers for clipless body. The only things to convert between an HCG Sl4sh and Stamp4de are the chassis, battery holdowns, center drive shaft, radio box, bumpers and body posts. In fact the Sl4sh body posts are great for a stamp4de to use for 2wd rustler bodies.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    A easy way to summarize the relationship between the 4wd slash, stampede, and rustler is that the HCG Sl4sh is just a stretched Stamp4de, and a Rustl4r is just a shortened LCG Sl4sh with shock towers for clipless body. The only things to convert between an HCG Sl4sh and Stamp4de are the chassis, battery holdowns, center drive shaft, radio box, bumpers and body posts. In fact the Sl4sh body posts are great for a stamp4de to use for 2wd rustler bodies.
    Thatís good to know, thanks!