RC poster

Is this lipo any good??

I HAD THESE 2 BATTERIES IN MY XMAXX WHEN IT CAUGHT FIRE HOWEVER I'VE BEEN WONDERING IF ONE OF THEM IS STILL SALVAGEABLE AS IT DIDNT REALLY BURN AS BAD AS THE OTHER THE CASING ON THE CELLS DONT LOOK TO BE DAMAGED AT ALL CHARGER READS THE BATTERY ALL CELLS READ 3.8V
    AND ONLY THE OUTER PLASTIC MELTED OFF A BIT
    ON THE OTHER HAND THE OTHER BATTERY DID TAKE MORE FIRE DAMAGE AND THAT ONE ID SAY FORSURE DOESNT WORK
    WHAT IS YOUR GUYS OPINION ON THIS CAN I JUST TAPE IT UP WHERE IT MELTED OFF THE PLASTIC AND USE IT???

NOTE I HAD JUST GOT THESE BATTERIES IN A WARRANTY EXCHANGE AFTER THE OTHER BATTERIES PUFFING

HERE IS THE ONE THAT TOOK THE MOST DAMAGE

RC Racer
    Send back to Traxxas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

Contact Traxxas immediately, inform them of everything that happened,l. If it's been less than 30 days, they should have no problem replacing both batteries. If the vehicle was damaged, they'll probably take care of that, as well (tho, repair, instead of replace...unless it's damaged to the point of not working).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by panther6834 View Post
    contact traxxas immediately, inform them of everything that happened,l. If it's been less than 30 days, they should have no problem replacing both batteries. If the vehicle was damaged, they'll probably take care of that, as well (tho, repair, instead of replace...unless it's damaged to the point of not working).

~ more peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a much better place
    was told to dispose of them and got replaced just curious if the one with not much damage can be salvageable

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_silvia98 View Post
    was told to dispose of them and got replaced just curious if the one with not much damage can be salvageable
    You could try...but, if ANYTHING happens, it's entirely on you. Worse, if anything were to happen, you could be held legally liable.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    You could try...but, if ANYTHING happens, it's entirely on you. Worse, if anything were to happen, you could be held legally liable.

yes i know thats why i havent done it thought i would ask first

Any battery that got any sign of damage should be disposed of.
    Don’t buy used batteries even if they’re from a friend.
    Is the cost of a new battery worth the risks and money of what could happen.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    Place that thing into a bucket of saltwater. Let it remain there for a couple days at least to make sure itís discharged. Then dispose of it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRevoMaster View Post
    Send back to Traxxas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Don’t send it in announced.
    2. Contact Traxxas first.
    3. Pretty sure Traxxas or any other retailer would not request a damaged lipo sent back to them. Too dangerous for all those that handle the package as well as the areas it would be placed in.
    The Super Derecho