Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    South Bay Los Angeles
    Posts
    19

    Is this lipo any good??

    I HAD THESE 2 BATTERIES IN MY XMAXX WHEN IT CAUGHT FIRE HOWEVER I'VE BEEN WONDERING IF ONE OF THEM IS STILL SALVAGEABLE AS IT DIDNT REALLY BURN AS BAD AS THE OTHER THE CASING ON THE CELLS DONT LOOK TO BE DAMAGED AT ALL CHARGER READS THE BATTERY ALL CELLS READ 3.8V
    AND ONLY THE OUTER PLASTIC MELTED OFF A BIT
    ON THE OTHER HAND THE OTHER BATTERY DID TAKE MORE FIRE DAMAGE AND THAT ONE ID SAY FORSURE DOESNT WORK
    WHAT IS YOUR GUYS OPINION ON THIS CAN I JUST TAPE IT UP WHERE IT MELTED OFF THE PLASTIC AND USE IT???

    NOTE I HAD JUST GOT THESE BATTERIES IN A WARRANTY EXCHANGE AFTER THE OTHER BATTERIES PUFFING
















    HERE IS THE ONE THAT TOOK THE MOST DAMAGE




  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    105
    Send back to Traxxas


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier Panther6834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    719
    Contact Traxxas immediately, inform them of everything that happened,l. If it's been less than 30 days, they should have no problem replacing both batteries. If the vehicle was damaged, they'll probably take care of that, as well (tho, repair, instead of replace...unless it's damaged to the point of not working).

    ~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    South Bay Los Angeles
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by panther6834 View Post
    contact traxxas immediately, inform them of everything that happened,l. If it's been less than 30 days, they should have no problem replacing both batteries. If the vehicle was damaged, they'll probably take care of that, as well (tho, repair, instead of replace...unless it's damaged to the point of not working).

    ~ more peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a much better place
    was told to dispose of them and got replaced just curious if the one with not much damage can be salvageable

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier Panther6834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry_silvia98 View Post
    was told to dispose of them and got replaced just curious if the one with not much damage can be salvageable
    You could try...but, if ANYTHING happens, it's entirely on you. Worse, if anything were to happen, you could be held legally liable.

    ~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    South Bay Los Angeles
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    You could try...but, if ANYTHING happens, it's entirely on you. Worse, if anything were to happen, you could be held legally liable.

    ~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    yes i know thats why i havent done it thought i would ask first

  7. #7
    RC Champion trax de max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,949
    Any battery that got any sign of damage should be disposed of.
    Don’t buy used batteries even if they’re from a friend.
    Is the cost of a new battery worth the risks and money of what could happen.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    953
    Place that thing into a bucket of saltwater. Let it remain there for a couple days at least to make sure itís discharged. Then dispose of it properly.

  9. #9
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,568
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRevoMaster View Post
    Send back to Traxxas


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Don’t send it in announced.
    2. Contact Traxxas first.
    3. Pretty sure Traxxas or any other retailer would not request a damaged lipo sent back to them. Too dangerous for all those that handle the package as well as the areas it would be placed in.
    The Super Derecho

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •