Thread: Lube question

RC poster

Lube question

What do yall use to lube the pivot balls on the hubs, outer cv axles (also inner if you do) and any other thing that needs clean and lubed during a teardown? I have about eight runs on my VXL and I had two wheel bearings lock up so I tore it down to get it back better. I was a little perturbed it had that much of an issue after such a short of time. It was being run under a very wet dirty and a lot of leaf conditions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Also do yall use the inner blue dust boots on the pivot balls? They rip easy and i can't seem to find just them.

I use white lightning clean ride chain lube. It's wax in a thin liquid that evaporates after a few minutes then leaves a thin coat of wax on everything. It doesn't attract dirt like oil/grease does. I put a drop or two on all my cvd joints, bone cups, plastic slider joints, hinge pins and spur. I just use a light oil on bearings if I"m that far into it. If they start feeling gritty or sloppy, I just order new ones from fasteddybearings.com for $1 a piece.

I usually remove the pivot ball boots, but I rarely drive in dirt/sand/gravel. Mostly grass and skate parks.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Thank you, i have thought of leaving them off and just spraying something in after each run

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk