RC Competitor

What Carry Bags Do You Use?

Just bought my son the 1/10 Bigfoot No.1, which is basically a Stampede with a different body.

Question:
    What do you guys use to transport this thing? I mean, what kind of carry bags do you use?
    I am pit crew for my son's 1/16 E-Revo VXL

I have larger 1/8th trucks as well as a stampede 4x4 and one of my better bash locations is an hour drive, then a 1/4 mile walk from the road. So I tend to take a lot with me. I also have to go up/down 3 flights of stairs and about 100 yards to where I park.

I use the HPI Hauler bag with wheels to carry the trucks down along with all pit tools and a pit box that has random nuts/bolts/rod ends, etc in it as well as lipo packs and fuel if nitro.

When I go to the bmx track where I have to walk 1/4 mile to get to it, I bought a folding wagon to put the bag on as it rolls easier and raises the bag up so I can work out of it easier while standing vs standing on my head to fiddle with stuff.

My stampede under my ERBE, the lid still zips up:

It's a bit stressed when I throw my 6S outcast and ERBEv2 in there... but I usually take those two trucks when I trek to the bmx track. When I stay local, I usually take the stampede or ejato and one of my 1/8th trucks.

My tool bag (two photos showing the top layer and bottom layer side by side):

This is the second HPI hauler bag I've had in 10 years or so. This one is about a year old. The zippers blew out on the old one, but it had a long life.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

I use a duffel-bag that has my toolbox, spare parts, batteries, chargers, controllers, etc. I've never felt the need to put my actual trucks in a bag though. I usually just use the wheelie-bar as a handle and simply carry one truck in each hand with the duffel-bag over my shoulder.

JConcepts makes a nice backpack. They have/hd other nice bags as well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...co2095/p216291

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...co2209/p262784

I don't break stuff all that often so I normally just have a small tool pouch plus rigs and batteries. Toss it all in the trunk of the car and use picnic tables which are in most of the spots I goto.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I have larger 1/8th trucks as well as a stampede 4x4 and one of my better bash locations is an hour drive, then a 1/4 mile walk from the road. So I tend to take a lot with me. I also have to go up/down 3 flights of stairs and about 100 yards to where I park.
    That is quite the setup, bro. It's more than I need though.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    JConcepts makes a nice backpack. They have/hd other nice bags as well.
    That bag looks nice but it's not in stock. And I question if it truly fits the Stampede. Descrip says it's for short course trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I use a duffel-bag that has my toolbox, spare parts, batteries, chargers, controllers, etc. I've never felt the need to put my actual trucks in a bag though. I usually just use the wheelie-bar as a handle and simply carry one truck in each hand with the duffel-bag over my shoulder.
    I'm on the other side of the fence; I want a bag to primarily carry the truck. Especially when it's filthy. I don't carry many tools.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I don't break stuff all that often so I normally just have a small tool pouch plus rigs and batteries. Toss it all in the trunk of the car and use picnic tables which are in most of the spots I goto.
    I hear ya. However my son has a history of breaking stuff. He drives his RC vehicles fast and hard and without mercy. :-)

RC Competitor
    I think I found the right bag. Looks like Susan Smith of Arizona likes making RC truck bags on Etsy. Hopefully the price is decent and the quality is top-notch. I contacted her. We'll see. I noticed her bags are Made in USA and that's a big deal to me. I'm tired of giving my money to support communist China as they oppress their people.
    Last edited by Sizzler; 11-18-2019 at 02:12 PM.