RC poster

Rustler 4x4 VXL to buggy conversion

So I got a Rustler 4x4 VXL a few months ago at the suggestion of a LHS. Ran it a few times but never really cared for the body or over all look of it. Decided a few weeks ago to start converting it to a buggy. I have only done very basic stuff so far but I wanted to share it here and see what people thought of it.

I plan on doing more upgrades to it soon, but was just excited and wanted to share it now.

RC Qualifier
    Nice, is the the associated rc8b body?

With the shock changed there really is no “weak” spot left. Maybe a fan for the motor now that the buggy body cuts down on airflow.

Nice, good to see someone doing something outside the box. Keep posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Nice, is the the associated rc8b body?
    The Body is the Pro-Line "Predator" MBX7R (PRO3473-00), I was not paying attention when I was putting it into the cart and was not the body I really wanted but made it work. I wanted to get and still might get the
    the Pro-Line Predator Pro3453-00 if I can find one. I wanted it to start out with due to the vents you could cut out. Was going to cut them out and shoegoo some metal mesh over them to give some more airflow and block larger items from gettting in.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    With the shock changed there really is no “weak” spot left..
    Yeah the shocks were the first thing to go out, I swear it was not even a hard impact and the front shock exploded.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbold View Post
    Nice, good to see someone doing something outside the box. Keep posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will do, only been in the hobby for a few months now. I was never able to get one as a child due to the cost but as an adult my wife and I just at random ended up with 10 cars now, and I am starting to experiment.