RC Competitor

Proper fitting servo cover/delete plate

A lot of us have replaced the dual servos with a single servo for the e-Revo. I noticed that the traxxas servo cover plate does not properly fit the 2.0 chassis. It will work, but wonít sit flush without modding it some. I did mod mine and make it work, but Iím a bit picky for a clean look and fit so I found this. Itís just a 3D printed plastic cover, but itís made specifically for the e-Revo. I ordered it and it fits perfectly. Properly covers the entire hole. Anyways for anyone who desires a clean look and doesnít have their own 3D printer. Here ya go...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5H...vo-cover-plate

Awesome! Thanks Ed. Yeah I made a cover out of plastic, looks pretty good but carried a lil more weight then I care for. This looks like just the ticket. Will be placing my order tonight!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Awesome! Thanks Ed. Yeah I made a cover out of plastic, looks pretty good but carried a lil more weight then I care for. This looks like just the ticket. Will be placing my order tonight!
    Glad to share to someone else in need of an option! You won’t be disappointed. Such a simple piece, but impossible to achieve as perfect of a fit without your own 3D printer. This piece drops in and fits perfect. Will say I did have to file down the original servo screws. Nothing to do with this piece on that point, as they were too long to work properly from the factory even with the factory servos. 2 of the screws are too long and bottom out against the original servo covers on the bottom side of truck before the screw seats itself. That then forces the servo cover upwards. I used a knive sharpening block to file the screws a bit to shorten the 2 screws that contact the servo cover. It’s either that or add washers or shims so they don’t bottom out before seated.
    Last edited by Ed-The-Ace; 11-16-2019 at 10:15 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Now I want to do the single servo mod and I just did the metal gear upgrade on the stock ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Keep the stock ones as spares for just in case you ever have an issue with the single one. Itís much simpler to install just one that is for sure. It took me a good while to get my 2 servo setup to work correctly in my summit. But once I got it right I have not had to mess with it in years.

Got mine and installed it today! Wow fits absolutely perfectly. Great call out Ed!