RC poster

Newbie help please!

I picked up 2 traxxas models today that I believe are a older model slash, They had no batteries or controllers with them, I have never owned a rc car so I have been doing lots of research today on batteries and controllers. I discovered one car has a 2218 receiver which can work with a 2238, 2240, 6509r controller.
    The second car has a Spektrum SR3300T which i have no idea what controllers with work with that other then the spektrum SR controller and those seem to be in the $100+ range. I found a seller on ebay who is selling a new TRAXXAS TQ 2.4Ghz TRANSMITTER + RECEIVER SLASH LINK stampede rustler XL5 VXL for around $40. I wanted to know if i could just purchase that and do a simple install and it work without any issues?

Any help on what controllers will work with what is in the cars without busting the budget thanks! Or how to swap them out for a new kit off ebay.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenson View Post
    I picked up 2 traxxas models today that I believe are a older model slash, They had no batteries or controllers with them, I have never owned a rc car so I have been doing lots of research today on batteries and controllers. I discovered one car has a 2218 receiver which can work with a 2238, 2240, 6509r controller.
    The second car has a Spektrum SR3300T which i have no idea what controllers with work with that other then the spektrum SR controller and those seem to be in the $100+ range. I found a seller on ebay who is selling a new TRAXXAS TQ 2.4Ghz TRANSMITTER + RECEIVER SLASH LINK stampede rustler XL5 VXL for around $40. I wanted to know if i could just purchase that and do a simple install and it work without any issues?

Any help on what controllers will work with what is in the cars without busting the budget thanks! Or how to swap them out for a new kit off ebay.
    The Traxxas 2.4 ghz transmitter/ receiver that the eBay seller is selling is the standard radio that comes with newer ready to run models. It should be a direct drop in. That isn't a bad price. You can also check Jenny's RC. They are hobby "chop shop " that sells take off parts from disassembled ready to run kits. New parts at cheap used prices from a pretty reputable hobby dealer.

RC poster
    Thanks got two ordered today!