Thread: Summit Battery

RC Competitor

Summit Battery

I am going to ask a really stupid question. Before I ask, I have looked at the Traxxas models information and couldn't find the information. Can a stock Summit drive on 3s? Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    Yes and no. It wonít recognize the cell count as it requires minimum of 4s to get proper voltage for the LVC Iím pretty sure. You can bypass this by placing it into NIMH mode but youíll need some type of external alarm as to not pull the lipo voltage down too far. You can get a lipo battery alarm/voltage checker for about $10-$20 depending on where you buy it from. Here is what I speak of.

RC Competitor
    Thank you for your reply. I have been running 4s, but I have two 3s, which I was going to run, but didn't want to damage something.

RC Qualifier
    I donít think the stock esc is rated for 6s. You could remove one connector from the esc to batteries, then just run one of your 3s batts. But as I posted earlier youíll need to have some way of monitoring voltage as the esc wonít recognize just one 3s in the cell count. Just verified the most Voltage you can use is 16.8v, which is 2 x 8.4v or 2x2s lipos or 2 x 8.4v nimh.

RC Competitor
    222- Thank you. I suspected as much, but just wanted to check.