RC poster

Anyone have experience with Tazer motor/ESC combos ??? Having issues need help.

Just picked up a Tazer brushless motor/ESC combo and I can not for the life of me get it to program. When I turn right it accelerates AND turns right. If I swap to another channel and try to program it, it goes fwd, back, left and right a couple times then stops and doesn’t respond to the controller. What am I doing wrong ??

Directions say when I go through neutral, throttle, brake sequence on set up it should run for 3 seconds when done. It doesn’t do that either.

Any help would be appreciated

Anyone have experience with Tazer motor/ESC combos ??? Having issues need help.

If you are using stock electronics, the ESC plugs into the 3rd slot, not the 2nd. The first two RX slots are the same channel (steering).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    GreatScott thanks. That explains why it does that. BUT, why would when I move it to the 3rd slot does it only work a couple times then just stop like it’s not seeing the ESC ? It’ll do a full throttle pull a couple times then it’ll go about half then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RexSr View Post
    GreatScott thanks. That explains why it does that. BUT, why would when I move it to the 3rd slot does it only work a couple times then just stop like it’s not seeing the ESC ? It’ll do a full throttle pull a couple times then it’ll go about half then nothing.
    Did you set your trims to zero and calibrate the ESC?

When it stops working, what LEDs are lit on the ESC and RX?

Are you using a NiMH pack in lipo mode?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Well, I can’t thank you enough. Lol. If I would’ve read just a bit farther in the instructions I would’ve seen where it says “ECS comes from factory in LiPo mode” and since I’m currently running a NiMh it kept shutting it down. Everything seems to work the way it’s supposed to now except the actual calibration process. It says the motor should will run 3 seconds after the last step is complete. It never did that

RC poster
    Well, I can’t thank you enough. Lol. If I would’ve read just a bit farther in the instructions I would’ve seen where it says “ECS comes from factory in LiPo mode” and since I’m currently running a NiMh it kept shutting it down. Everything seems to work the way it’s supposed to now except the actual calibration process. It says the motor should will run 3 seconds after the last step is complete. It never did that

RC Qualifier
    Personally I have seen quite a few times with different brands the instructions for esc's do not always work exactly the way they say. I think revisions are made on the esc's but the instructions aren't updated right away.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    By the way I do have a couple of the Tazer Twin systems and a couple of their 60a systems, all have worked well for me.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk