RC poster

Battery strap mod I just did.

I am sure someone else somewhere has done this and I will take it apart and get more pictures tomorrow if people want. I just used some hook & loop cable straps I had from other projects and notched and trimmed the ends and wedged it into the spot where the battery hold down hooks in. It feels strong enough. I was able to lift the truck up a reasonable amount without it pulling free.

RC poster
    Just had it outside for a quest 10m test run and it seems to be holding up well running on the pavement. Flipped it a few times, rolled it a few more, even used the selfrighting twice cause I am lazy. I might go back in and add more length to the part that is tucked in and use some shoe goo on it or something.

RC Qualifier
    Thatís a great idea mate. I havenít seen that before. So you removed the end pieces of the battery hold down, and clamped the Velcro straps in there? Thatís awesome if it works. More pics would be cool.

That might work for the slash 4x4 LCG too?

Nice.

RC poster
    Why did you do that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhtait3075 View Post
    Why did you do that.
    To run a variety of batteries Iíd say. No one wants to be limited by silly stock hold downs. Look at hopped up vehicles. They use straps. To pigeon hole customers to use certain batteries is just in bad form.

Somehow builds are never done....

Quote Originally Posted by jjhtait3075 View Post
    Why did you do that.
    Many do it to other vehicles as well so that they can fit larger batteries into the tray. The hold-downs can limit what you put in there.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Many do it to other vehicles as well so that they can fit larger batteries into the tray. The hold-downs can limit what you put in there.
    That was on of the reason the other reason was to see if I could. I had been people fussing about the battery latch and wanted to see what I could come up with that was not the stick down battery holder or something that required drilling out the chassis.

I will post better pics for how it is in there tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Could help people who unexpectedly break their battery hold down too. A quick easy fix like this could keep the truck running while a new hold down or stick-on Velcro arrives.

Or, just keep on running this simple mod if it holds up just as well!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    To run a variety of batteries Iíd say. No one wants to be limited by silly stock hold downs. Look at hopped up vehicles. They use straps. To pigeon hole customers to use certain batteries is just in bad form.

Somehow builds are never done....

Iím a strap on kinda guy. Opens up many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC poster
    Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a big problem. Thanks for the info