Question Can a too powerful servo damage the car? (and more)

I am buying a new servo for my TRX6, and I was thinking of getting a TEKIN T-250, which is labeled as a 1/8 scale buggy/Truggy servo (it's the same size as a crawler servo, (40*20*40) Its costs $169 on amain hobbies, and is 325 oz/in torque and 0.09 seconds for 60 degrees turn on 6v.
    There also is a TEKIN T-440 servo, which is labeled as a rock crawler servo, and runs 449 oz/in and does 60 degrees turn in 0.15 seconds. also for a price of $169. I originally thought that the 440 would be much more expensive than the 250, but I was wrong. I'm not an expert about servo's so I don't know why they are the same price when one has much more torque. Also, I'm not sure if servo's that perform similarly cost as much (I'm assuming not). The reason I want to buy a Tekin servo is it has the HOTWIRE program, which is like Traxxas TQI but for Tekin. I'm running a Tekin motor and ESC, and they both connect to HOTWIRE, which is why I want to buy a TEKIN servo.

My questions summed up:
    1. Is there a reason why the servo with more torque costs the same as a servo with less?
    2. Is the $170 dollar price tag worth it for HOTWIRE (Tekin Equiv. of TQI) and 449 oz/in of torque?
    3. Would such a high powered servo damage my TRX6?

Thanks!
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    My questions summed up:
    1. Is there a reason why the servo with more torque costs the same as a servo with less?
    To me it would seem that the "crawler" servo is more powerful at the expense of some speed.
    2. Is the $170 dollar price tag worth it for HOTWIRE (Tekin Equiv. of TQI) and 449 oz/in of torque?
    In my opinion, that's a crazy price for such a mediocre level of torque. There are much better choices, for less money.
    That level of torque will be fine for the TRX platform, especially the TRX6.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzleluvr100 View Post
    My questions summed up:
    To me it would seem that the "crawler" servo is more powerful at the expense of some speed.
    In my opinion, that's a crazy price for such a mediocre level of torque. There are much better choices, for less money.
    That level of torque will be fine for the TRX platform, especially the TRX6.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    you really know your car tech

The servo can damage your truck in two ways. First, you can draw too much amperage with the servo and fry the ESC's BEC, especially with the XL5. Second, if you do not have the end points set correctly, you can, theoretically, bend something; and/or, fry the servo. So, if you have your end points set correctly, and you have a BEC that can deliver enough amperage, you should be good to go.

Honestly, $170 for a crawler servo is too much, unless you have money you don't want any more. You are paying for the speed of the servo, which is required for 1/8 buggies. In the crawler world, we don't need servos that move that quickly. The Savox 1210sg is more than enough servo for our rigs, is waterproof, and about $100 less than the one you are looking at.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Just make sure everything is installed correctly with a metal servo horn, and endpoints set correctly. It will be fine whatever servo you choose.

I don't necessarily agree that $170 is too much for a crawler servo. With $170 comes a ton of torque, which is a great thing in a crawler with big, sticky tires, you get speed which is never a bad thing, and you get durability.

As long as you set your end points you won't damage your truck.